Which one YHT 392 or YHT 292 or HTS 3100 or HTS 3300

laghusikarwar

Hi Guyz,

I'm not at all a geek and consider me a complete noob.

I have a budget of 25 k INR and i am looking to buy a home theater. I plan to spend 60% time watching movies and 35% time listening to music (english - rock and Indian movie songs) and 5% watching TV serials/news etc.

I demoed every system YHT 392 or YHT 292 or HTS 3100 but could not listen to HTS 3300. I am utterly confused. I was on the verge og going for YHT 292 for 22500 at Hypercity Mumbai but then the guy told me there is a system of Yamaha (forgot the model no.) which is compatible with Blue Ray Discs and retails at 29000.

Please suggest which one to buy. Would want as much help as possible. Appreciate it really!!!

Narrow down btw 3300 and 392. 392 is probably not in your budget if I am not wrong, so go with Onkyo 3300. It is decent for the price.

Alternately, audition Harman + JBL

thanks @techboy. today i audiotioned Denon 390 xp or denon 320 xp and also the Onkyo 5205. They both are available at Reliance Digital for 30000 INR. the bass response of 5205 cracked quite a bit while that of Denon one seemed smooth. I'm still unable to locate a single dealer in Navi Mumbai (preference) or Mumbai where i can demo Onkyo 3300.

fact of the matter is, now i'm even more confused. if i up my budget to 30k then what do you suggest and is there a place you know where i can demo the onkyo 3300.

Hi Guyz,

I demoed every system YHT 392 or YHT 292 or HTS 3100 but could not listen to HTS 3300. I am utterly confused. I was on the verge og going for YHT 292 for 22500 at Hypercity Mumbai but then the guy told me there is a system of Yamaha (forgot the model no.) which is compatible with Blue Ray Discs and retails at 29000.

thanks @techboy. today i audiotioned Denon 390 xp or denon 320 xp and also the Onkyo 5205.

Only 330 of above support Hi Def audio codecs namely DTS HD-MA and Dolby True Hd

Reliance digital sales ppl even not aware of such development:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:! ( least my expereince in Vashi) They are selling their old stock

Ask them about their knowledge of HDMI and Hi Def audio codecs namely DTS HD-MA and Dolby True Hd

Only 330 of above support Hi Def audio codecs namely DTS HD-MA and Dolby True Hd

Reliance digital sales ppl even not aware of such development:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:! ( least my expereince in Vashi) They are selling their old stock

Ask them about their knowledge of HDMI and Hi Def audio codecs namely DTS HD-MA and Dolby True Hd

thanks hemant:clapping:! you mentioned that only 330 supports Hi def audio..i take that you meant 3300 (onkyo), but it has the disadvantage of having a passive woofer. can the AV receiver support an active woofer such that i can upgrade to a new woofer when i add up some savings.

Guys is this option available with 3300...please advise

3300 may not be better than 5205. Btw, 5300 is available for like 35-40k all inc shipping, customs etc from shopyourworld.com

thanks yet again techboy :clapping:! i could not find it at shopyourworld.com. it ships only in US. any ideas on where i can demo onkyo systems-entire range at mumbai

Shopyourworld.com ships to India. And they should be trust worthy I guess, from whatever little I know of them.

hey guys how do the receivers of 3300 and yht 392 stack up against each other...i downloaded the manuals of both but couldn't understand much from them...please help!!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back