Which Pioneer & Oppo & Denon DVD players

sgmane

Hi Folks,

Is Pioneer DV-420V better than DV410?
This DV420 came in after DV410, and i suppose even after DV600, 610. Can any one let me know, is it a good buy?
Iam only comparing with DV410 and DV420.

Also OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio is a good buy at 12k+ ? I have seen some good reviews on this?

Or a Denon DVD-1940CI Universal Scaling DVD/DVDA/SACD Player w/ DCDi by Faroudja at 11k+ ?

I know pionner cannot be compared with Oppo or Denon! (Ofcourse pioneer in its category would be best?)

Would like to know which would better in best VFM?

Thanks

If you are looking for an allrounder DVDP (decent CD performance, SACD, DVD-A, DVD Upscaling till 1020p, HDMI output etc.), go for Pioneer-610 for under 7k in the grey market.

Hello SG,
where are you getting these sort of prices for the players you mentioned. Every dvd player has its strengths.Most important thing for a DVD player is where it is connected to. Please elaborate more on your requirements and most importantly the display source then the members can give you better advise. Also these issues have been discussed in detail in past so a search will yield answer to most of your queries. Also it is important to know if you want to use your dvd player as a cd player .
thnaks.

Sgmane:

I would favor the Oppo 980H because of its supreme audio+video capabilities. I also do think they would blow the Pioneer and Denon out of the water wrt to SQ and PQ. Having said that, my second choice would be the 1940, good reviews, and excellent build quality - the BQ itself would blow the Pioneer and Oppo out of the water.

I have the Oppo 981H and it's extremely good with PQ but only so-so sound.

IMO.

oppo 980 is best in the list you said,but add two more CA DV99, new marantz 4003 .

Hi Folks,

Is Pioneer DV-420V better than DV410?
This DV420 came in after DV410, and i suppose even after DV600, 610. Can any one let me know, is it a good buy?
Iam only comparing with DV410 and DV420.

Also OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio is a good buy at 12k+ ? I have seen some good reviews on this?

Or a Denon DVD-1940CI Universal Scaling DVD/DVDA/SACD Player w/ DCDi by Faroudja at 11k+ ?

I know pionner cannot be compared with Oppo or Denon! (Ofcourse pioneer in its category would be best?)

Would like to know which would better in best VFM?

Thanks

What TV do you have? If its for standard DVDs on 42 inches or lower, then there would not be a big difference in PQ. If you want superior sound and have a HT that is reasonably decent then Oppo > Denon > pioneer.

FYI, Pioneer Elite players are some of the best in the world. So its a good brand.

@ skumar
Thanks. Yes then pioneer would be VFM in its own category.

@ mahiruha
From 20north.My display source is Sony LCD 26" and i understand one cannot see the difference in PQ. But i will upgrade to higher inches say a max of 37" at a later date.
Yes i plan to use both as CD and DVD player. PQ can be standard, but i would need the better if not best SQ at this price range.
That's good about Toshiba! But i do not see much reviews in forum (if you have any let me know). So is pioneer better than Toshiba, then? What about service of toshiba products which also needs to be taken care? The review in hifi does mention about tweaking SQ. I may need to find more information on that part!!!?

@vinod_david.
Yes vinod. I do see good reviews on 980H. My primary requirement is SQ because anyway iam not looking into 1080p at this point of time or even in later going for higher inches on LCD will take couple of years more.

@spirovious
Thanks. Oppo stands!!! I was just looking at the site that offers and thought what would experts comments mean, and then i can go in for that.

@marsilians
Sony LCD 26". Yes as informed iam not looking into PQ. Iam in for SQ because i will be playing both CD and DVD.
Since i did not see much DV420 review of pioneers, i thought to check the same. Best VFM shall i go for pioneer DV420 or should i just stick with DV410?

Thanks to all you folks for clarifiying on my topic.

Hi folks,
Is this offer good?
Pioneer DV-410 Black model from ebay.
The mail details from seller:

"no firist of all black model is expensive and rare u wil hav to pay more for black model
im offering balck model here it has optical output too u many not get it in other model ur talking about
also this doesnt come under poineer india warranty
the price is including hdmi cable"
Cost - 6689 + 300 shipping

He is saying about "optical output" which iam not sure of, as i have not seen this model details in the showroom. Last when i checked (2 weeks ago) in Sigma Mall Cunnigham Road - Blr, they does not have 4xx series!!!

Iam looking for black model preferrably. But unfortunately there is no warranty. So its equivalent to buying grey!!
Shall i take the plunge?!!! (I will be using my discount coupon - max 700Rs ).

Oh!! That's the new model DV-220K (not 410V from another ebay seller) and they have black color retailing apprx 5.5+ This does not have the optical out, rather the 420k (again the new model) does have it.

Does any of you have any reviews on this? The ebay guys are quoting similar to what the showroom offer!! So its not worth to get it on ebay (for this product)!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back