Pioneer RS-33 HTiB (not really in a box)

Re: Pioneer RS-33 Review HTiB(not really in a box)

I am not new to this forum. In fact people in this forum only guided me for purchasing LG Plasma 4 years back. Now I am going to replace my old Sony DVD home theatre with an AVR package. I was planning to buy yamaha 299 but it is not available. I liked the speaker package of RS 33 and RS 43. Today I got a chance to audition RS 33 at reliance digital Thrissur. Price quoted is 45000 along with a Samsung 3D bluray player. I like this package and also wanted to check RS 43 which as per company's website feature RS 77 TB speakers instead of RS 33 TB in RS33. Pls give your views.

Hi,

if your primary concern is about music and thunderous bass, then you can happily buy the RS-33 package.

If you are more into movies then forget about this package.

I had Pioneer RS 32 for 1.5 years and sold them recently. coz, No midrange at all, the center channel was a joke, and the surrounds are just ok.

The only good things about the Pioneer RS 32 was the fronts and the sub. :p

Hi,

if your primary concern is about music and thunderous bass, then you can happily buy the RS-33 package.

If you are more into movies then forget about this package.

I had Pioneer RS 32 for 1.5 years and sold them recently. coz, No midrange at all, the center channel was a joke, and the surrounds are just ok.

The only good things about the Pioneer RS 32 was the fronts and the sub. :p
For movies, which one are you suggesting?

My acceptance is that pioneer rs33 is that it does good with music and above average with movies I would never say its bad. In fact comparing to other HTiB this is a better choice. (It does better when its indian films heheh)

I don't have patience anymore. I wanted to go for RS 43 which is not available in my city. Although there are lots of online purchase options available, I am reluctant to buy items like this online.

So yesterday I ordered RS 33 from reliance digital Thrissur. Philips / Samsung 3D bluray player free along with 3 bluray titles. Also taken 2 year extended warranty. Delivery after 25th of this month but before 30th.

Thanks to you guys in this forum. Your reviews and opinions influenced very much in making decision.

So waiting restlessly... It is replacing my 8 year old Sony DVD home theatre...

Hi Anoop!
How is RS 33 doing? I'm also in search for a Home Theater audio in 40K range.
Btw:- Yamaha 299 has been replaced by YHT-2910. I'm leaning towards this model.

My usage is more movie and some music.

Hi Anoop!
How is RS 33 doing? I'm also in search for a Home Theater audio in 40K range.
Btw:- Yamaha 299 has been replaced by YHT-2910. I'm leaning towards this model.

My usage is more movie and some music.

it is very good. i am very much satisfied.

congrats anoop on your purchase,
how about a review with photos.

regards,
girish:)

Hi , I am new to the forum and new to Home theater setup. Last week had demo for RS-33 in Reliance digital. I liked the sound and made purchase. It got delivered and I made the initial setup myself today. I found the sound from FM I can listen only from volume level 40 and above. Is this normal? Or Am I missing some thing. Ple help. I could not check other things as I am yet to connect with Ipod / DVD player, etc. Thanks in advance.

The last driver in both the tower speakers are not working since the day i bought. Do we need to change any settings ?

Hey guys,

Tried alot to get the RS-43 but somehow it just isnt available. Seriously I dont get the pioneer's supply chain network :p

Anyhow, purchased the RS-33 from RD today for 47K which includes a free Phillips Blue Ray player and 2 years warranty. Delivery due tomorrow. Waiting to set it up. My setup will now include the RS-33, PS3, Videocon HD, my home desktop converted HTPC :) :)

The guy at RD also made me listen to the Sony BDV 7200. IT had wireless speakers and the sound wasnt that bad considering I was playing a song via bluetooth from my phone. Almost made me change a decision for a sec :p

I don't have patience anymore. I wanted to go for RS 43 which is not available in my city. Although there are lots of online purchase options available, I am reluctant to buy items like this online.

So yesterday I ordered RS 33 from reliance digital Thrissur. Philips / Samsung 3D bluray player free along with 3 bluray titles. Also taken 2 year extended warranty. Delivery after 25th of this month but before 30th.

Thanks to you guys in this forum. Your reviews and opinions influenced very much in making decision.

So waiting restlessly... It is replacing my 8 year old Sony DVD home theatre...
Dear Anoop,
I am from thrissur. I am also looking for a good HT system. I am totaly confused. But now I have plan to get pioneer rs 43. Did you get your rs 33 from Reliance digital thrissur?
what is the difference between rs33 and rs43?
Can we go there and get the package or we need to preorder? in that case what is the waiting period?

Dear Anoop,
I am from thrissur. I am also looking for a good HT system. I am totaly confused. But now I have plan to get pioneer rs 43. Did you get your rs 33 from Reliance digital thrissur?
what is the difference between rs33 and rs43?
Can we go there and get the package or we need to preorder? in that case what is the waiting period?
Yes. I got my RS 33 from there. Waiting time was around 2 weeks.

Please confirm if Pioneer Rs 33 can decode DTS-HD Master Audio or not ?

it will decode..;)

I want to buy pioneer RS33 for my PC only.My pc have Sapphire R9 270X GPU.I have no HDTV.My Full HD Dell LED is connected through DVI with GPU.So the HDMI out is free in my GPU.Can i connect Pioneer Rs 33 Av receiver to the GPU through HDMI ? I want to get DTS-HDMA and True-HD audio bitstream through HDMI to av receiver for audio only.Is it possible ? Please confirm also if there will be any compatibility issues or not..Thank you very much.

Hi

I am also in lookout for Home Theatre system in the budget around Rs.40000. I have auditioned Yamaha YHT299 in Reliance Digital at price of Rs.37990. I was not impressed with sound quality e.g. of Subwoofer. I played music through its Aux port. I also experienced a Sony HTM55 5.2 system via Bluetooth by my mobile. The sound was very good especially the bass but the satellites with multiple midranges were large and space consuming. The price was 55000. Pioneer RS33 was not that impressive especially bass. Most probably today I shall visit again.
My friend is going to Bangkok within few days. I can ask him to get a good AV receiver for me. I can get good 7.1 receiver there in the budget of Rs.25000 with good features. Speakers I can get here. Or should I do vice versa.
Kindly suggest good combination of AV receiver and 5.1 speakers set with twitter and midrange in satellites at least in front speakers.
Do we have to match something called ohms. Yamaha has receivers with 6 ohms I think.
Thanks Sanjay.

Hi

Thanks a lot for the review. .I am planning to buy Pioneer HTP RS49. Any idea where i could test them (in mumbai), or shall i rely on your review.

I have a budget of about 60k including amp.

Will be used mainly for Music. I need tower speakers basically with deep bass. Only pioneer kind of fit in my budget!

Any suggestions will be appriciated :)

Why I bought it
Well I am a owner of Pioneer rs-33 (actually went to buy the rs-32 but no stock), I have seen on this forum there re not many pioneer owner and I guessed the reason well also only a little later onwards.

My story starts by thinking that a good A/V to connect computer, TV and a DVD player is required and will use my existing speakers to do the job. So here I am ready to create a home theater, a Yamaha lover but don't have money so look for alternates as my speaker cant be run with any AVR properly I need to really invest in High end models, which I will still do in the later stages :rolleyes:

What are my choices budget 30k, my options where

Onkyo HTS 3400 - 33k
Yamaha YHT-298 - 32k
Pioneer HTP 071 - 22k

But later on after reviewing I understood if I buy any of these I need to later upgrade to a better speakers as none of these came with a good speakers. I needed a large speaker which my room acoustics is a nightmare. And the choice of upgrade was very not so likely to happen. So added the

Pioneer RS-32 - 33k and even decided on it. Then heard no stock anywhere so decided to move to the next model which is RS-33 (40k - Price was a bummer bought it in a hurry)

But here is my audition result:

Yamaha: Crisper sound - Great for music and occasional surround but very low impact on bass, I know lot of people would say NO, but seriously the bass is terrible replace your subs if you have got one

Pioneer HTP-07: Don't waste your time and money

Onkyo HTS 3400: Impressive amp, loved it even went to the extent of purchasing it and dud the stupid AVR freezes, the store guy said nothing first time it hangs and then again. So touched it and found it really hot remembered my other experience one of friends owns an Onkyo and complained about the heat issue, so did not take the risk. But a very powerful and feature rich amp buy it you homes air conditioned.

Pionner - RS 32: Impressive looks, fits my style but the amp was a bummer, did not deliver the deep bass it promised but music was sweet when i listened in it but not happy about the treble outputs. Went home and came after week after convincing myself.But no stock only the display piece is available.

And then auditioned the RS33 :
htp-rs33_ga_l@100331@l.jpg

Music clarity has increased, had better channel separation than the RS-32 and gave the deepest bass pretty impressive Bass for the budget. The front speaker towers performed better than rs-32 or Onkyo the dialog clarity of the audio reached nearly the Yamaha 298

So decided to push the budget get the stupid Pioneer Rs-33 even though the AVR is not up to the mark in terms of feature list just love the way it sounds for the price and the deep bass. But the feature which is missing is not a great concern for me. Its a good system to listen both music and movies on a equal share. My intention is achieved though I had to shell a little extra cash for it.

I wont say I am a proud owner but a heavily satisfied person. If I had another 8k I would have not have gone for this rather taken the Denon with JBL speaker package. Now even if I have to upgrade I need to upgrade the AVR later on but lets see if i really need the 192/24Khz as I don't have many songs or movies within that range.

Irritation with pioneer rs33 are: You need to switch off your AVR or RESET it if you are like me and always switching input but then it happens over any AVR over HDMI cable no proper component input could have provided it.

Best thing: Great bass, good phase control and love those looks. Speaker quality is good better than the RS-32

Please don't buy the RS-32 speaker set it had paper like quality which did not deliver.

In short a very good performer in budget for Music and Video at 50% 50% usage. But not a good choice to buy if you are gonna perform any upgrades on it later on.

How I auditioned:

Movies:
Transformers revenge of the fallen: Climax fight DTS 5.1 BD
Avengers : Climax fight BR Rip MKV AC3

Music:
Wrecking ball: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube : Audio clarity
Gangnan style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0: Bass test

Audio:
Tamil song mp3: 128 bit: Iruvar - Narumugaye - YouTube

Made the guy play again and again heheeh. Anyway this is my personal opinion if you guys think otherwise comment me. Also I would like to request if you guys get a lower quote than me send me a copy of the quote I can claim from my seller a credit note but it happens only in this month.

If you want anything tested on the RS-33 let me know. I have hooked up my computer, DVD player, my ps3 and my sundhd setup box.

Dear all friends I need your immediate help my rs 33 stop working in the middle of a song I don't know what is wrong, now it is only blinnking HDMI in red color, not responding to remote I removed all the HDMI cables but till the same problem how can I rectify it? Need to go to service center?or local mechanic will be helpful? Were Is the service center in navimumbai? Waiting for immediate reply

Dear all friends I need your immediate help my rs 33 stop working in the middle of a song I don't know what is wrong, now it is only blinnking HDMI in red color, not responding to remote I removed all the HDMI cables but till the same problem how can I rectify it? Need to go to service center?or local mechanic will be helpful? Were Is the service center in navimumbai? Waiting for immediate reply

If you know of a trusted electronics technician, go for it. If not, you cannot go wrong with an authorized service center. Did you check the Pioneer India website to get a list of service centers?

https://pioneer-india.in/stores/home-entertainment-services/Maharashtra/Mumbai/

MaSh

Back