Which Plasma - Panasonic 42" 42X50D or Samsung 43E470

I do not understand the need for TV audio-out for connecting to external (active) speakers. The STB has audio-out and it can be used to connect to such (active) speakers.

a) if using HD STB, then no issues - connect HDMI to TV and analogue audio to amp+speakers.
b) if using SD STB, then will required RCA spiltters - one male/two female.

I dont know about usb ports...but nowadays other connectors are avilable in 90 degree converter...or much easily a usb hub just 150 Rs can be used....

I do not understand the need for TV audio-out for connecting to external (active) speakers. The STB has audio-out and it can be used to connect to such (active) speakers.

a) if using HD STB, then no issues - connect HDMI to TV and analogue audio to amp+speakers.
b) if using SD STB, then will required RCA spiltters - one male/two female.

This would work for Dth viewing, but not for a USB hard drive plugged into the TV USB port. I guess this is all nitpicking for a modern AVR user, but no analog audio out is an irritant for the budget buyer whose setup would be DTH, TV, HDD, and active speakers. This is what I'm trying to set up for my parents.

@theblues:
No headphone jack in E490. Its a audio out.

E470: No audio out, No headphone jack
E490: One audio out, No headphone

Samsung India's website mentions that the E490 has a mini jack out (which means headphone out).. If you're confirming that that is not the case, then it must be an error on the website!

@theblues:
No headphone jack in E490. Its a audio out.

E470: No audio out, No headphone jack
E490: One audio out, No headphone

Samsung India's website mentions that the E490 has a mini jack out (which means headphone out).. If you're confirming that that is not the case, then it must be an error on the website!

Dear Friend
I have own 43E490 and there is No Headphone Jack in this TV.

I saw there is a digital out port on E470 , My requirement is to connect a Creative woofer to the TV , Is this sufficient?

"dts 2.0+Digital Out - Yes "

rjames, No, the digital out port will not do for connection to your Creative woofer( I am assuming it does not have digital inputs). Which model is your Creative speaker? Usually such speakers have only analog inputs( either two rca left and right or one single 3.5mm hp jack in). You will need an AVR or something which can decode the digital optical/coaxial out from your TV.

I am planning for 43E490 now , but have to live with the volume issue if speaker connected via headphone jack

If you are using cable or usb play, volume to be adjusted on the speaker. If STB or media player are used, volume can be controlled on these devices using remote.

Hi guys ,I want to connect speakers to Samsung 43e470 as sound is not unto mark as i read in different threads.
Is this correct?
If yes,How to connect speakers while watching movie from usb as i has only digital audio output??
I have computer speakers which has only headphone jack.Its model is creative 2.1 sbs 370. Is there a way for speakers to give digital audio output instead of 3.5mm jack????
Also i planned to connect these speakers to hd stb as it has headphone jack.

But problem starts when watching brrips using usb as i don't have any bd player.
Also i looked for ht with digital audio output but they are very costly..

Also Is this TV good for gaming. I rarely play games on Wii that is only 5-6 hrs per week.So Is this suitable for me or have to shift to LCD/Led models. I am asking because in many threads i saw users mentioning IR and burn-in problems and not to go for plasma for gaming. But other users said that even display piece of different showrooms didnt have IR problems although they keep maximum setting and don't take care of burn-in period.

Plasma is not recommended for long hours gaming or displaying static images/bars for long. Long means > 2 hours.

Gaming as such is OK. But many games have static displays, scoreboard, controls grids, etc. at the bottom, side, top, etc. That is not OK.

Hi guys ,I want to connect speakers to Samsung 43e470 as sound is not unto mark as i read in different threads.
Is this correct?
If yes,How to connect speakers while watching movie from usb as i has only digital audio output??
I have computer speakers which has only headphone jack.Its model is creative 2.1 sbs 370. Is there a way for speakers to give digital audio output instead of 3.5mm jack????
Also i planned to connect these speakers to hd stb as it has headphone jack.

But problem starts when watching brrips using usb as i don't have any bd player.
Also i looked for ht with digital audio output but they are very costly..

Also Is this TV good for gaming. I rarely play games on Wii that is only 5-6 hrs per week.So Is this suitable for me or have to shift to LCD/Led models. I am asking because in many threads i saw users mentioning IR and burn-in problems and not to go for plasma for gaming. But other users said that even display piece of different showrooms didnt have IR problems although they keep maximum setting and don't take care of burn-in period.

Get an LED set for gaming, you will get image burn with gaming on a plasma set.

Plasma is not recommended for long hours gaming or displaying static images/bars for long. Long means > 2 hours.

Gaming as such is OK. But many games have static displays, scoreboard, controls grids, etc. at the bottom, side, top, etc. That is not OK.

Please answer the full question i have asked??????????

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back