Which Plasma ?

sankyindia

Hi All,

Back on forum after a while. My Sammy 51E490 still going strong with almost 3 years to complete in October.

Now i am looking for a tv for Living Room. So i find that Samsung does not list any Plasma on its website. Panasonic has stopped manufacturing it.

Only LG website lists 4 Plasma TVs. And Snapdeal and Paytm continue to list Samsung Plasmas.

I will be going for 50/51 Inch model so which one should I go for ?

How does LG 50PB6600 compare with Samsung 51H490 ?

Any Inputs appreciated.

I would ignore plasmas, it will disappear soon.
Secondly, power consumption on plasmas are way higher than a LCD/LED

Plasma is the best quality display panels we had for last few years. Sadly Panasonic quit the business a couple of years back and soon LG and Samsung will go out (Or may be already). May be LED will catch up this quality soon.

The biggest challenge with plasma was the reflection on the panel in highly lit room. I solved it with thicker curtains though. Now people talk about its higher power consumption but then not sure how much that matters if your panel is not switched on for longer duration over many days. At night, when I watch the movies on my plasma, I forget everything, such is the picture quality, specially dark scenes.

See if you can get hold of a resale plasma in the used market. May be you will get it much cheaper and keep it as your movies only panel and get a new cheaper LED for living room.

Have bought tried and tested Samsung 51H490. Its installed and currently breaking in with slides. Watched couple of movies and it is awesome as usual. The main difference with my other plasma E490 is it is having Cricket Mode button when watching Football/cricket or any sports involving human motion which may result in blurring.

Regards.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back