Which power conditioner should i buy ?

Tushaar_14

Hello,
My setup consists of Sony VPL VW550ES, Marantz AV8802A Processor, MM8077 & MM7025 Amplifiers, SA100 Subwoofer Amplifier, OPPO UHD Blu ray player.
Processor was connected to projector through QED HDMI, few days back i switched on the system and played blu ray but no video ouput was there, sound was coming but no display. I thought there is some problem with the projector, i tried accessing settings and they all were displayed and were fine, so i was sure the lamp is fine. Next i hooked a separate hdmi in the other port of projector but still no display, so I took it to the service centre and they said problem is with the hdmi board, next i tried getting a different projector hooked to the processor to make sure nothing else is faulty, but there was still no output, and when i plugged the blu ray directly to projector it worked. So i was sure, processor's hdmi port is gone too, and that QED hdmi got faulty too.
I have an Online UPS installed too, but still this happened, I've been told this happened probably due to power surge, so I should get a Power conditioner.

It would be really helpful if anyone can suggest the best power conditioner for me setup, as the equipments are really expensive and I cannot afford to get these damaged again.
Also what do you think this was due to power surge or something else? Does anybody else has had a similar experience ?

Hello,
My setup consists of Sony VPL VW550ES, Marantz AV8802A Processor, MM8077 & MM7025 Amplifiers, SA100 Subwoofer Amplifier, OPPO UHD Blu ray player.
Processor was connected to projector through QED HDMI, few days back i switched on the system and played blu ray but no video ouput was there, sound was coming but no display. I thought there is some problem with the projector, i tried accessing settings and they all were displayed and were fine, so i was sure the lamp is fine. Next i hooked a separate hdmi in the other port of projector but still no display, so I took it to the service centre and they said problem is with the hdmi board, next i tried getting a different projector hooked to the processor to make sure nothing else is faulty, but there was still no output, and when i plugged the blu ray directly to projector it worked. So i was sure, processor's hdmi port is gone too, and that QED hdmi got faulty too.
I have an Online UPS installed too, but still this happened, I've been told this happened probably due to power surge, so I should get a Power conditioner.

It would be really helpful if anyone can suggest the best power conditioner for me setup, as the equipments are really expensive and I cannot afford to get these damaged again.
Also what do you think this was due to power surge or something else? Does anybody else has had a similar experience ?

Oh my god. Was there any fluctuation or outage that could have caused this? Have you gotten the processor repaired? I as because, a similar thing had happened with a friend and he just tried resetting it to factory default. Somehow that resolved the issue.

MaSh

An online ups alone won’t be enough. There are few threads on how to protect your gears in the forum. Do check it out

Oh my god. Was there any fluctuation or outage that could have caused this? Have you gotten the processor repaired? I as because, a similar thing had happened with a friend and he just tried resetting it to factory default. Somehow that resolved the issue.

MaSh
Hey,
Im not sure Mash, atleast surge is what the guy who setup my system told me.
Have sent the processor and projector for repair, luckily under warranty otherwise would have costed me alot.
Thats why I want to get something which makes sure this doesnt happen again.

I didnt try factory resetting it though.
If you could suggest me some power conditioner ?

An online ups alone won’t be enough. There are few threads on how to protect your gears in the forum. Do check it out
Hey Man,
Thanks for your response, if you could share links, im new to this forum.
Also can you suggest some power conditioner or do you use any ?

I keep having severe voltage fluctuations in my area. In fact, a lot of the electronics in my house like Heaters, TV have been repaired more than once now.

I bought a Vertex Servo Stabilizer for my HT and its a saving grace, clean power with EMI, RFI filters. I think adding that to your power delivery chain will eliminate all your issues.

There are other similar offerings from Krykard and power conditioners from Rontek you could look at too.

Hello,

Not sure if there was any definite conclusion but HDMI is known for being notorious. With one of my friends, his latest gen Apple TV connected to AV8802 stopped (no picture) and we solved it with a guesswork. I asked him buy a high speed fiber optic based HDMI cable and that solved it.

Do not let technician open your box until both of you are very sure as to what is fault.

It is always good to have a servo stabilizer when you have such expensive stuffs.

I use an APC double conversion UPS. The focus should be on sine wave double converted output (power quality) and not on duration of backup. Just need 5 minutes if backup time to effect an orderly shutdown, or DG takeover.

Few old homes dont have ELCB installed and had to pay a price when my fridge went bust during a surge. If you don't have one get it installed ASAP. And of course Consider all other advice given by FMs

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back