which projector

@George
are you happy with the contrast ratio of optoma HD20. it is only 4000:1.
i am planning about HD33. but stuck due to low contrast ratio. Epson 3010 has 30000:1 contrast ratio. brightness level is also high in epson projectors.
please share your experience. sometime we are carried away with reviews on various sites, but actual handson experience is more valuable.

I totally agree wiith sanjgupt,i have gone through most of the sites but they make me more confused therefore i would prefer actual comments from actual users .as i have limited finance i would like to buy the best in that range,well since 3D technology is new it is definetly expensive and will take a year or so to get famous and cheep,so after all the research and confusion i am thinking of buying full HD blue ray projector.pls correct me if i am wrong,i have heard that few company are launching tvs or projectors where u can watch 3D without glasses.

Last edited:
I totally agree wiith sanjgupt,i have gone through most of the sites but they make me more confused therefore i would prefer actual comments from actual users .as i have limited finance i would like to buy the best in that range,well since 3D technology is new it is definetly expensive and will take a year or so to get famous and cheep,so after all the research and confusion i am thinking of buying full HD blue ray projector.pls correct me if i am wrong,i have heard that few company are launching tvs or projectors where u can watch 3D without glasses.
Yep, there are 3D TVs being made that do not require glasses but its still in research stage. And there will never be any home projector that does 3D without glasses because its not possible.

Yep, there are 3D TVs being made that do not require glasses but its still in research stage. And there will never be any home projector that does 3D without glasses because its not possible.

3D TVs without glasses will take lot of time. don't hope for that at least next 10 years. next big thing is TV is O-LED. which will surpass performance of plasma. but that will take at least 4-5 years. But projectors are not going to loose their top position anytime soon as only affordable big screen source of home entertainment. techonology will keep on evolving every year. there is no final limit or destination for technology growth. Human's lust of entertainment can't wait for anything. so if you want to entertain urself.. go n get it (within ur finance). dont trap urself in 2-3 years wait.

i was about to spent big money on big size TV. but after doing lot of exploration realized that big size TV is no substitute of projector. so bought very basic HD TV and saved lot of money for projector. I will most likely buy epson 3010 during my next US trip.

Finally after all the inputs i recived i have short listed 4 projectors if i go in for 3dHD then it would be Optoma HD33,Epson 3010 and if its just HD then optoma HD20,Epson 8350 .now i request the gurus to help me on which one is better if i buy 3d or full hd

this is my present setup,gurus pls advice how to improve my sound in this room

Attachments

• DSCN2012.jpg
    DSCN2012.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN2006.jpg
    DSCN2006.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN2007.jpg
    DSCN2007.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCN2009.jpg
    DSCN2009.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN2014.jpg
    DSCN2014.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 198
finally i got my new projector

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 139
pls help me with the set up,now i have a hd projector,hd set up box(dish TV) and a hd DVD player but i do not have a hd amp how do i get the picture on the projector and the sound on to the amp(which does not have an HD input/output)
HD projector
HD set up box (Dish TV)
HD DVD player
5.1 amp Yamaha
do i need to get any converter or adapter etc

Attachments

• NSD (SETUP).jpg
    NSD (SETUP).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
i am looking to sell my brand new epson tw6000,used only for 1 week, with indian warranty and bill. interested members can PM me.

where can i buy projector lamp in Bangalore or India for my projector Epson power lite 3010
as the image is flickering ,is it the problem because of the lamp or something else....

finally i got my new projector

1.which epson model is this and price in inr.

2.would also like to know your room size to suggest solutions for better audio and video.

3. what screen size you are using at present,and the door to the right side of the screen is used...

4. also need the rear side of the avr (5.1 receiver) picture.

thanks
rajesh

looking for someone who can help me setup or configure/tune my home theater setup.... professional consultancy

Last edited:
looking for someone who can help me setup or configure/tune my home theater setup.... professional consultancy

What are your expectations and scale of setting it up? Are you just looking to get the home theater properly setup or go in room treatments too?

Maybe if you create a new thread with your queries, members can help you out better.

MaSh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back