Which Receiver for Home Theatre?

Pioneer VSX532 or Denon 1200 For Wharfedale DX1

• Pioneer VSX 531

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • DENON 1200

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

deep_blues

Need to buy a new receiver for my home theatre. Using a Panasonic projector, Panasonic blu ray bdp220 & wharfedale dx1 5.1 speaker set up.

Confused between the Pioneer VSX 531 & the Denon 1200.. Have no problem with the difference in budget (Pioneer 29k odd & Denon 42k) but will the denon make any major difference vis a vis the Pioneer with my current 5.1 set up.

Airplay & Atmos not a concern. Primarily sound & video output.

Thanks in advance

Need to buy a new receiver for my home theatre. Using a Panasonic projector, Panasonic blu ray bdp220 & wharfedale dx1 5.1 speaker set up.

Confused between the Pioneer VSX 531 & the Denon 1200.. Have no problem with the difference in budget (Pioneer 29k odd & Denon 42k) but will the denon make any major difference vis a vis the Pioneer with my current 5.1 set up.

Airplay & Atmos not a concern. Primarily sound & video output.

Thanks in advance
Not sure if it is still an issue, but earlier Pioneer vsx receivers did not support osd via HDMI; hence confirm if the vsx does support osd via HDMI if the feature is important to you (osd = on screen display)

Athulan

Better to be future proof and opt for Denon 1200, if budget is not a constrain. Why dont you check Marantz 1506 from hifimart, which comes around the same budget

Hi,

Marantz is a good choice if you have the budget...else look at Denon which seems to have all features under one roof.

Seen an ad just posted on Hifi ads....Denon 1200

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back