Which Speaker cable to buy from U.S ?

This setup works great at the JVC Studio's in Japan where most of the XRCDs are mastered and manufactured.

I am aware of this,have heard the Reimyo Dac and CDP once.

Also, it would be nice if you could put up your system in the appropriate thread. It would at least provide some reference point for our conversations to see where you are coming from etc. Just helps with perspective.

As of now i don't have a system:eek:, I have my old JM labs Electra speakers lying around and used to have a system based on JM labs micro utopia which i had to sell for personal reasons(biggest mistake ive ever made).

Planning to get the rest of the components to complete the setup and once done i will post in the appropriate thread with pics.

Personally prefer the older Utopias from their newer beryllium HF drivers. The older ones sound more "organic" to my ears & listening taste.

Me too, The micro i has was the one without beryllium tweeter.

The new one's are excellent, but a tad brighter(like most of the modern metal based tweeters) but more accurate.

your friend owns the micro utopia signature be? cause they are just so beautiful to look at.

The Jadis Orchestra Integrated that he uses is that the reference one? planning to audition that when i go to Singapore next time.

The exact model that i had:

Last edited:
Usually I try to budget cables at 10-15% of the system value. So for instance a $10,000 system will be served well by a $1000-$1500 cable set (IC's & spkr. cbls). Does this mean that a $5000 cable set won't sound good? Not really, it may sound great, but at that point you would be better off replacing the loudspeaker or source which will be a better value. Similarly you don't buy a $10,000 system and throw in 20 ga. lamp cord for speaker cables and some cheap IC's. So IMHO all cable price ranges and their suitability should be referred to in the context of the whole system rather than in isolation.

Very well explained.:clapping:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back