Which speaker configuration to buy

Percy123

I am evaluating purchase of a hi-fi system. I am buying a onkyo 575 amp and PSB speakers. I spend equal time listening to music and watching TV/movies. Hence confused about the speaker configuration. For music I'm told the best configuration is two tower speakers. But that does not give home theatre effect and that's something I'm not willing to compromise on.

At present I'm leaning towards imagine mini series - two rear, two front (2 pairs of imagine mini bookshelf) a imagine mini c centre and subseries 125 subwoofer. I'm given a quote of 2.35 lacs for this set of speakers (60k extra for the amp). I'm wondering if within this same budget I can change the configuration of speakers so that I can have my cake and eat it too (tower speakers while listening to music plus a home theatre setup for movies). I'd like to keep the budget same ie 3 lacs for amp plus speakers.

Thinking out aloud - take a PSB X2T instead of the front imagine mini bookshelf speakers, take PSB alpha b1 bookshelf speakers for the rear speakers instead of the imagine mini bookshelf. Keep the remaining unchanged ie subseries 125 subwoofer and imagine mini c centre channel. While listening to music run only the X2T tower and while watching movies run the centre, rear, subwoofer, in addition to the X2T. Does this set up make sense? Will it work with the onkyo 575?

Request - while replying if you could give solutions within the PSB brand, if possible.

Thanks!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back