Which Speaker wire for Dali Ikon 6

navinsundar

I would like to know which speaker cable will be better to connect my Dali Ikon 6 (Bi- Wiring), because i heard that silver coated cables will not go well with Ikon 6. I am in chennai so if you know the name of the shop which sells them pls let me know. And my budget is Rs.125/m (max).

HI YOU HAVE BOUGHT A GOOD SPEAKER ONE Mr. SUGUMAR FROM CHENNAI IS MAKING SPEAKER WIRE WITH GOOD IMPORTED COMPONENTS. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE USED MANY SPEAKER WIRES LIKE QED SILVER ANNIVERYSARY QED EVOLUTION,CHORD UK ODESSEY AND RUMOUR AND AUDIO QUEST CABLE TALK LIKE MANY OTHERS. I PREFERED HIS CABLE AND I RATE IT PAR WITH ALL, BUT WITH MINIMUM RATE. I HAVE GIVEN YOU PM WITH HIS PHONE NUMBER. HE HIMSELF IS A GOOD AUDIOPHILE USING CYRUS PRE NAD 208 POWER AND DALI MENOR 2 SO CONTACT AND BELIEVE YOUR EARS NOT MY WORDS THANKs. What was the cost?

Last edited:
Hi
If i may ask, how much did you buy the IKON 6 for ? I presume it is a recent purchase.
For me I would want to audtion MA RX6 before I go in for IKON6. Did you compare it with MARX6.

Thanks

Qed silver anniversary is high frequency dominated speaker wire. It will not suit speakers like dali which are sweet sounding speakers. But it will match with speakers like monitor audio or quad which need some good fine tuned high frequencies. In qed evolution speaker cable is completely neutral. Mr sugumar is doing his own cable from canare from japan. Which GIVES better resolution and cheaper than all imported company make

Last edited:
Try Dali White or also can try Designer Audio (DAC)

Dont know whats the current price, but i hv Dali white running thru my AV room, connecting ikon 6, 1 and vokal 2 ..been nearly an year it works mighty perfect.

And my Quad setup has DAC coonecting speakers to components as well as I/C are of DAC.

Hi
If i may ask, how much did you buy the IKON 6 for ? I presume it is a recent purchase.
For me I would want to audtion MA RX6 before I go in for IKON6. Did you compare it with MARX6.

Thanks

Heard Ikon 6 is for abt 65k in mkt these days. Both RX6 and Dali Ikon6 are very different in sound. Audition both indeed, it shall be a pleasing experience.

Also, Amp shall matter to a large extent. marantz amps shall keep it bright n clear, while Quads etc keep it warm n clear on mids.

Pardon me, if you know the amp selection for you then all the very best and hope u enjoy ur purchase.

Cheers

As the previous person mentioned, go for a particular speaker cable after the amp is finalised or if you already have one, pls post which amp you have. This can act as a guidance for people to recommend.
Cheers

Sorry OP for going offtopic, but this is for Sid

You are searching for a step up in your current 2 channel system. So with the pre coming don't you think a cable upgrade will also help you get a level above?

Sorry OP for going offtopic, but this is for Sid

You are searching for a step up in your current 2 channel system. So with the pre coming don't you think a cable upgrade will also help you get a level above?

You are absolutely right with your suggestion dear Rikhav. Tks to hv remembered that am upgrading the set ..in a way.

Yes, I am getting new cables ..and they are customised from Lyrita Audio only. I somehow trust Viren sir, whole heartedly and have discussed with him what i want 'more' from the system. Moreso since Viren sir has been a Quad user all his life. Also made it very clear that am currently reasonably satisfied with what the setup is doing. Any improvement will be a brownie point.

So, a passive volume control + wires that go along ..should add up. hopefully.

Later, I am looking to get the 909 modded as well, under expert guidance.

Brgds

Qed silver anniversary is high frequency dominated speaker wire. It will not suit speakers like dali which are sweet sounding speakers. But it will match with speakers like monitor audio or quad which need some good fine tuned high frequencies. In qed evolution speaker cable is completely neutral. Mr sugumar is doing his own cable from canare from japan. Which GIVES better resolution and cheaper than all imported company make

What is the price/m?

Navin ., at rs 125/ mtr you wont get any good cables that will match the Dali ikon 6. As someone earlier said invest on a Nordost or VDH and that will make a difference in your entire setup.

I would like to know which speaker cable will be better to connect my Dali Ikon 6 (Bi- Wiring), because i heard that silver coated cables will not go well with Ikon 6. I am in chennai so if you know the name of the shop which sells them pls let me know. And my budget is Rs.125/m (max).

This is quite weird. You have made two postings on the same subject, one is this and the other about "buying speaker cables from USA". Are you trying to take us for a ride or what???

Not convinced of your intentions...

murali

This is quite weird. You have made two postings on the same subject, one is this and the other about "buying speaker cables from USA". Are you trying to take us for a ride or what???

Not convinced of your intentions...

murali

He may buy the speaker cable from US , But wants to know which cable is best for the Dali Ikon 6, I dont see any thing Weird. Maybe there is no need for 2 Threads.

Canare 4S11 or BJC Ten White (5T00UP)?

Need urgent decision on the speaker wire. We had already discussed about speaker cable in my other post. Finally i decided to go to the cables from Blue Jean Cable. So help me decide between these two cables.

Canare 4S11 or BJC Ten White (5T00UP)?

It is going to be paired with Ikon 6. (for bi-wiring)

Re: Canare 4S11 or BJC Ten White (5T00UP)?

Sir
How many threads are you going to be starting on this topic? There have been a number of posts already

cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back