which speaker?

manu4panjab

so which speakers to choose between these if i'm going to upgrade in near future dali,polk rti series,klipsch or which please reply i'm waiting

after being so long on this forum with all the drama that also happened you do not understand the basic funda of sound. Did you wonder why no one replied to this GENERAL KNOWLEDGE query of yours :rolleyes: ?

For the nth time, so please make it register in your head there is no hard and fast rule, sound is subjective so take music your familiar with and audition all those brands you will eventually find your preference.

after being so long on this forum with all the drama that also happened you do not understand the basic funda of sound. Did you wonder why no one replied to this GENERAL KNOWLEDGE query of yours :rolleyes: ?

For the nth time, so please make it register in your head there is no hard and fast rule, sound is subjective so take music your familiar with and audition all those brands you will eventually find your preference.

got it bhai :)

Hi manu,

I think you should listen to your favourite bass freak music cds or dvds for the auditioning of the above choice of your speaker brands.

You need a atleast some Dual 18" sub woofers around you for your audio setup, which keeps you satisfied. Sure you will occupy any subs more than this.:D:D:D

Onkyo's are the distributors of klipcsh speakers. Try out in your area for auditioning.

The rest is yours.

Cheers.:cheers:

Hi manu,

I think you should listen to your favourite bass freak music cds or dvds for the auditioning of the above choice of your speaker brands.

You need a atleast some Dual 18" sub woofers around you for your audio setup, which keeps you satisfied. Sure you will occupy any subs more than this.:D:D:D

Onkyo's are the distributors of klipcsh speakers. Try out in your area for auditioning.

The rest is yours.

Cheers.:cheers:

thanks bhai and thakns for suggesting dual 18s :D:D:D:D

hi manu,

Will discuss about your bass freak stuff in our chennai meet up next month. Also Mark from Audio Craft (Brand Name-Craftel), i think he will also be there in the chennai meet up, He has some very good subs 12", 15" and higher. Maybe he can help you regarding sub part in your audio set up. I will speak with him regarding this.

Will tell him about your bass love.

cheers.

Why you never consider Cerwin-Vega ( The LOUD Speaker company)

Buy this

Cerwin-Vega - The LOUD Speaker Company

XLS-215

DESCRIPTION

Dual 15 3-way ported design
(Preliminary specifications subject to change.)

Simply the biggest, baddest tower on the market, the XLS-215 features two cast frame high excursion 15-inch woofers and delivers earth-shaking bass down to 36 Hz. With guaranteed eviction notice performance, the XLS-215 also features a 6.5-inch mid-range speaker and a 1-inch soft dome tweeter coupled to a proprietary waveguide.

Frequency Response:
38 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB)
36 Hz - 20 kHz (-10 dB)

Power Handling: 500 watts (Peak )
Sensitivity in SPL: 95.3 dB (@ 8 ohms @ 1 meter full)
6.5" midrange with Fiber Impregnated Cone

1" Soft Dome Tweeter with Ferro Fluid
Dual 15" Cast Frame High Excursion Woofers
Proprietary Mid and High Frequency Waveguide
Fuse Protection
Elegant Black-Ash Enclosure

DIMENSIONS
Dimensions (HxWxD):
49.7 x 17 x 21.1
1260 mm x 430 mm x 535 mm
Net Weight: 116 lb. / 52.6 kg
---------------

2 Speakers = 4 nos of 15" woofers
7 Speakers =14 No of 15" woofers

add 3-4 subwoofers too:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
hi manu,

Will discuss about your bass freak stuff in our chennai meet up next month. Also Mark from Audio Craft (Brand Name-Craftel), i think he will also be there in the chennai meet up, He has some very good subs 12", 15" and higher. Maybe he can help you regarding sub part in your audio set up. I will speak with him regarding this.

Will tell him about your bass love.

cheers.

thanks brother thanks i'm waiting for your reply :) don't forget to pm me or reply

Buy this

XLS-215

DESCRIPTION

Simply the biggest, baddest tower on the market, the XLS-215 features two cast frame high excursion 15-inch woofers and delivers earth-shaking bass down to 36 Hz. With guaranteed eviction notice performance, the XLS-215 also features a 6.5-inch mid-range speaker and a 1-inch soft dome tweeter coupled to a proprietary waveguide.

Frequency Response:
38 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB)
36 Hz - 20 kHz (-10 dB)

Fuse Protection

DIMENSIONS
Dimensions (HxWxD):
49.7 x 17 x 21.1
---------------

bro i don't like cervin vega :D

You heard them? AS this model I never saw in any demo.As I heard smaller ones and mind well you may not need a subwoofer again!

do also audition LEGACY ---FOCUS HD

these are about 5 feet high ,and each have two 15'' woofers , i dont think u wud ever want to change these for life, weighs abt 100kg each and the bass is supposed to be unbelievable :yahoo: i think these are the spkrs which will ultimately satisfy our needs

Last edited:
Hi Manu

hey, I didn't you were a Bassoholic :clapping: Good you didn't get to grab my REL Studio-III Pair subs as surely with your kinda setting, believe me (jokes apart!) you would have structurally damaged your house and possibly brought down the ceiling or something like that..... :lol:

Well - now that you wanna get into speakers, being a bass heavy freak (what da ya listen to man! Bob Marley??), the best yet most economical speaker system for you would be :

1. JBL VRX 932LAP - having 12" neodymium magnet Woofer & 3 x 1.5" compression horns as Tweeter. All with self built-in world-class amps so no need to worry, just "plug & play".
2. JBL VRX 918SP - having 18" neodymium magnet dual voice-coil Differential Drive Woofer. Again, with built-in amps.

One of each, per channel and you'll get a cool 136 dB SPL at 1-metre. That should be OK with ya! What do you say? It can't get any better, can it??

:cheers:

hey bro thanks for the input :D:D but yaar i don't need speakers with large woofer i only need new speakers so that i can hear highs and mids more clearly than my tsi speakers coz sometimes they are kinda harsh sounding to me and about bass yaaaa i'm bass freak :cool: and man those rel studio 3 are sure awesome man :licklips: so please advice for speakers which have great highs and mids and i can get bass from subwoofers so as svs subwoofer are gonna available wthin in next 5 months i'm now kinda confuse which brand to choose svs or hsu :)

yaar manu - go for the Hsu. But get some good speakers like Dynaudio Pro monitors. They aren't harsh at all and match bass correctly with them :yahoo:

Manu bhai,you could try something like the quad 22l2 as your fronts for good mids and highs.:)
Hsu is coming only in July na?

Audio engr, Sir, those jbls look evil!

Hi Manu,
If you like high quality & solid bass go for Dynaudio. I use Dynaudio Audience 52 bookshelf. With NAD 355 BEE bass is very good. With NAD 372 bass is much better. Dynaudio has everything solid bass, great midrange & silky treble. If you donot bother buying used speaker go for Dynaudio Audience 82 FS. It will satisfy your needs.
Regards,
Partho.

Hi Manu,
If you like high quality & solid bass go for Dynaudio. I use Dynaudio Audience 52 bookshelf. With NAD 355 BEE bass is very good. With NAD 372 bass is much better. Dynaudio has everything solid bass, great midrange & silky treble. If you donot bother buying used speaker go for Dynaudio Audience 82 FS. It will satisfy your needs.
Regards,
Partho.

I think we have to keep in mind that this bass lover:D is gonna drive his speakers with Onkyo 876 and not a two channel amp/ pre- power etc

I think we have to keep in mind that this bass lover:D is gonna drive his speakers with Onkyo 876 and not a two channel amp/ pre- power etc

that is an absolute anti climax :) wish he wud drive them with a powerful pre+power to get the best out of the speakers

Buy this

XLS-215

DESCRIPTION

Frequency Response:
38 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB)
36 Hz - 20 kHz (-10 dB)

Fuse Protection

DIMENSIONS
Dimensions (HxWxD):
49.7 x 17 x 21.1
---------------

any idea of the pricing of these

Manu bhai,you could try something like the quad 22l2 as your fronts for good mids and highs.:)
Hsu is coming only in July na?

Audio engr, Sir, those jbls look evil!

bhai hsu coming next month and svs coming in july i'll try those quad demo as soon as possible :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back