Which Speakers are right for me

sagar29

hi This is sagar from kolhapur I was trying to what would be some nice options and brands for buying and setting up a my office.Now need to buy speakers.
I really love that "old" and "NEW" sound.
Which Speakers are right for me in 50 Rs.
Can anyone recommend a good pair of Hi Fi Speaker bookshelf speakers?

Hi Sagar,
I presume u meant 50K and am listing out a few options around that range.
Monitor Audio RS 1
Epos M5
Quads both the 11 L & 12 L
Dyna Audience 52
B&W CM 1
Dali Ikon 2
Cadence Arita

If u can go for an FS try the Kef IQ 5 and lastly the allrounder Monitor Audio RS 6.

Some of these are less than the allocated budget and some a bit more.

Usual Caveat is that u MUST listen to all before venturing to buy as what works for me may not suit your taste at all.

Regards

hi This is sagar from kolhapur I was trying to what would be some nice options and brands for buying and setting up a my office.Now need to buy speakers.
I really love that "old" and "NEW" sound.
Which Speakers are right for me in 50 Rs.
Can anyone recommend a good pair of Hi Fi Speaker bookshelf speakers?

Hi Sagar, Welcome to the forum.

Irrespective of the budget its your ears that will be final decision maker in your speaker choice. My recommedations is like Dinyaar. Take your favourite CD and/or DVDs and go to some audio or electronics shops and listen to a bunch of speakers with the same setup (changing only speakers). Write down the systems (AVR, speakers, amplfier, CD or DVD player if used) that you listened to and your preferences. Once you short list this the ones you liked the sound, it will be easy to suggest.

Hi. Another query on speakers. I have a LG 388 DVD player and LG32UR80 LCD TV with 500W PMPO. I am delighted with the TV sound output, however, i am thinking of adding extra speaker setup to extend the sound to entire room to get HT effect. What is the best options for me within 5K to 10K?. Can i use normal multimedia speakers? (Creative or altec which we use for PC) if yes which is the best model in my budget? If NO, what is the reason?.
Another criteria - i should be able to use same speakers for playing music from MicrosoftZune player.(currently i am plugging it in to my normal PC speaker(2 channel) just as listening to pc music. Expecting a better quality music from same zune (of course zune is excellent - comepeting ipod) with new speakers.

Hi. Another query on speakers. I have a LG 388 DVD player and LG32UR80 LCD TV with 500W PMPO. I am delighted with the TV sound output, however, i am thinking of adding extra speaker setup to extend the sound to entire room to get HT effect. What is the best options for me within 5K to 10K?. Can i use normal multimedia speakers? (Creative or altec which we use for PC) if yes which is the best model in my budget? If NO, what is the reason?.
Another criteria - i should be able to use same speakers for playing music from MicrosoftZune player.(currently i am plugging it in to my normal PC speaker(2 channel) just as listening to pc music. Expecting a better quality music from same zune (of course zune is excellent - comepeting ipod) with new speakers.

Hi

You should have a Amplifier to connect your speakers to your TV , without that you cant connect the speakers directly to the TV . The other option is you can go for Multimedia speakers from Companies like Creative and Altec lansing, They have a inbuilt amplifier and you can directly connect the TV to the multimedia speakers . Just listen to one or two models from Altec and Creative and you can very well have a good sound for Rs.10K.

T. Balakrishnan

What is the Difference Between Analog and Digital?

"Is the sound on vinyl records better than on CD or DVD?.
How Analog and Digital Recording Works?
Forward Message
Forward Message

if u look at the way analog/vinyl works vis-a-vis digital/CD/DVD, you may understand why a lot of people believe analogue sounds better.

firstly, vinyl is contiguous, so apparently no loss of the music or continuity.

digital, on the other hand, works on sampling. of course, higher the sampling rate, possibly the closer it comes to reproducing a contiguous o/p.

till recently, almost all recordings were done on analogue, usually tape.

CDs were pressed using this analogue as the source.

however, of late, recordings are being done digitally.

best source for your queries is wikipedia

Re: What is the Difference Between Analog and Digital?

"Is the sound on vinyl records better than on CD or DVD?.
How Analog and Digital Recording Works?
Forward Message
Forward Message

Not always. Some recordings on DVD-A will just blow you away. Ditto for SACD. The purists though may find vinyl or even tape better. I have friends who swear by tape even today and feel CD is not good enough though I would tend to disagree with them. It all comes down to individual preference.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back