Which sub-woofer to consider for Yamaha RS-500 (stereo amp)?

Dear fellow members, i own a Yamaha RS-500 and Pioneer FS52 for almost two years now and have no qualms about my setup. However lately I have started to wonder if I should add a sub-woofer to my setup? I'm looking for options and suggestions on which brand and sub-woofer model to consider which will complement my existing setup.

I am not a bass head and prefer listening to music as it was intended to created/produced by the musician however lately there has been this itch for an upgrade and I have been deliberating between a TT and Sub-woofer. Do share your thoughts/advice. Thank you!

There are lots of subs, depending on how much you want to spend. Some good subs are svs, rel, rythmik, deftech. You will have to demo and take a call. I listen to music only with the sub. It makes a whole lot of difference.

There are lots of subs, depending on how much you want to spend. Some good subs are svs, rel, rythmik, deftech. You will have to demo and take a call. I listen to music only with the sub. It makes a whole lot of difference.
Thanks for the reply mshifi, which sub do you use and would you be able to articulate on the change in listening experience after you added a sub? I'm sure the lows got more pronounced but did it distort the highs and mids or did these improve after adding a sub? Thanks!

i use a deftech supercube 3 sub. The bass is more pronounced and the mids and highs are not affected, music sounds more lively. It adds depth a low volume levels. i use an yamaha avr for 2 channel and quite happy with it for stereo.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back