Which subwoofer to buy (Bangalore)?

trumee

Hello,

I have an Denon X3700 and Polk speakers (S55 L/R, S3 C, S20 L/R surround sound). I am missing the subwoofer. Initially I was planning to get the Polk HTS12 but browsing the internet suggests SVS PB2000 Pro. I enquired locally at ProFx and thehomecinema.in, and both of them dont stock it.

Is SVS PB2000 Pro a good choice (primary usage movies) and any idea where can this be bought?

Thanks

The SVS PB2000 Pro is a much better subwoofer than HTS12 . There are numerous dealers in Bangalore who stock them The Home Cinema, Ecity HTStore,Jayanagar and numerous others who stock them. Do have a look at alternatives like XTZ 12.17 Edge and Rhytmik FXV12HP which should be in a similar price range

Last edited:
Hello,

I have an Denon X3700 and Polk speakers (S55 L/R, S3 C, S20 L/R surround sound). I am missing the subwoofer. Initially I was planning to get the Polk HTS12 but browsing the internet suggests SVS PB2000 Pro. I enquired locally at ProFx and thehomecinema.in, and both of them dont stock it.

Is SVS PB2000 Pro a good choice (primary usage movies) and any idea where can this be bought?

Thanks
If u have the budget pb2000 pro is an easy pick over the HTS12.

Hello,

Thanks
Please try on hi fi mart online store

There is a very sparingly used PB2000 for sale in the classified owners section in case if you are interested.

Hello,

Thanks
Definitely pb2000 will be better choice here. Since you are based at Bangalore..You have more options of subs to explore.
Once pandemic settles down ,do checkout for auditions and decide.

Hello,

Thanks
Recommended two Rel 1205 for 1.6 L. They do music and movies both really good. None of svs products that good you will get in this budget

Hello,

Thanks
Check with Music Ranch. They are the SVS dealers in Bangalore.

The SVS subs in India are unfortunately overpriced. Personally, the PB2000 that I had owned, never got up on its toes and engaged me as a listener. They are “polite” subs going deep, but not hitting hard enough when it matters.
I sold it and bought a Klipsch, which in the subwoofer audiophile world might be considered sacrilegious. The 15 inch Klipsch is pure fun costing half of what a mid range SVS would do. But, that’s me.
If your budget is around the SVS Pro range, then I guess you would have a lot of options around. FM @Nitin K had done a wonderful and useful review on the REL Predator. I also understand that it’s reasonably priced in India. Have you considered that? I bought the SVS solely out its glowing reviews on the net. I urge you to audition as many subs as you can once the pandemic situation becomes safe.
The SVS Pro series is perhaps different sounding, but for me, I am not returning to the SVS stable anytime soon.

The SVS subs in India are unfortunately overpriced. Personally, the PB2000 that I had owned, never got up on its toes and engaged me as a listener. They are “polite” subs going deep, but not hitting hard enough when it matters.
I sold it and bought a Klipsch, which in the subwoofer audiophile world might be considered sacrilegious. The 15 inch Klipsch is pure fun costing half of what a mid range SVS would do. But, that’s me.
If your budget is around the SVS Pro range, then I guess you would have a lot of options around. FM @Nitin K had done a wonderful and useful review on the REL Predator. I also understand that it’s reasonably priced in India. Have you considered that? I bought the SVS solely out its glowing reviews on the net. I urge you to audition as many subs as you can once the pandemic situation becomes safe.
The SVS Pro series is perhaps different sounding, but for me, I am not returning to the SVS stable anytime soon.
Hi Nagaraj,

It's great to know that you are happy with the Klipsch sub. I am sure the mid bass must be great on that to give you that hard hitting bass. The 15 inch Klipsch is a tough contender to the PB2000 in addition to the mid bass.
Hats off to you for taking the less trodden path to satisfaction. It's always good to consider the brand options and their service . I guess many times very good subs are overshadowed by the more popular ones and have less sales.
Unfortunately from what I have heard the price of REL subs have also gone up in may.

Hi Nagaraj,

It's great to know that you are happy with the Klipsch sub. I am sure the mid bass must be great on that to give you that hard hitting bass. The 15 inch Klipsch is a tough contender to the PB2000 in addition to the mid bass.
Hats off to you for taking the less trodden path to satisfaction. It's always good to consider the brand options and their service . I guess many times very good subs are overshadowed by the more popular ones and have less sales.
Unfortunately from what I have heard the price of REL subs have also gone up in may.

Hi Nitin,
It’s been a year with the Klipsch and I haven’t felt the need to upgrade, though I keep reading mouth watering reviews of the RELs and the Rythmiks on HFV :)

The take away for me is that one has to be sure about the kind of sound they are looking for in a sub (extension, attack, or both). I was specifically looking for mid bass attack and the Klipsch had it, at a much lesser cost. Which brings me to believe that every subwoofer maker has a house sound that is common across their models. Understanding this will perhaps make buying a specific subwoofer a better informed decision.

It’s sad that REL has joined the surge pricing as we saw with Rythmik.

Hi Nitin,
It’s been a year with the Klipsch and I haven’t felt the need to upgrade, though I keep reading mouth watering reviews of the RELs and the Rythmiks on HFV :)

The take away for me is that one has to be sure about the kind of sound they are looking for in a sub (extension, attack, or both). I was specifically looking for mid bass attack and the Klipsch had it, at a much lesser cost. Which brings me to believe that every subwoofer maker has a house sound that is common across their models. Understanding this will perhaps make buying a specific subwoofer a better informed decision.

It’s sad that REL has joined the surge pricing as we saw with Rythmik.
I feel if you are happy with the Klipsch then pls don't consider Rel or Rythmik and save that money. Long back had seen the graphs on the net of the Klipsch & PB 2000 back to back & they were impressive. As for me I am very happy with the Rel & won't be looking elsewhere for a long time as long as it functions well. I guess the good mid bass experience may be since it is sealed & the 15 inch driver adds to it. From the SVS stable, the SB 3000 may have good mid bass but it is expensive.
The Rel price seems to have gone up in India only.

Last edited:
Here is a thread comparing SVS PB2000 Pro with Rythmik FXV12.

This review suggests that PB2000 Pro perfoms better in mid bass than PB2000. I guess that make SVS better than before.

Here is a thread comparing SVS PB2000 Pro with Rythmik FXV12.

This review suggests that PB2000 Pro perfoms better in mid bass than PB2000. I guess that make SVS better than before.

I have not heard the PB 2000 pro but from what I have read they do have more mid bass than the earlier model. Why not try hearing the 15 inch Klipsch Reference R-115SW sub too if it is within the same price range as Nagaraj is very happy with them.

Back