Which Surround speakers should I buy?

Sanchitpkl

Hi everyone,

I had recently purchased a 3.1 HT setup consisting of Denon 2600H, Dali Spektor 2, Dali Zensor Vokal and Polk HTS 12 for a living room 18x14 feet. Due to some reasons, I couldn't get the Surrounds at that time. Need your help in buying the surround speakers now.

Considerations:
1. My listening position (sofa) is situated right on the rear wall, so will have to hang the surround speakers on the side walls.
2. There's no space to hang the speakers at the ear level due to the main door on the left. So, speakers can be hanged at a height of approx 7 feet on side walls.

Please suggest me which surround speakers should I buy with my current setup.

You can check the below link too

Hi everyone,

I had recently purchased a 3.1 HT setup consisting of Denon 2600H, Dali Spektor 2, Dali Zensor Vokal and Polk HTS 12 for a living room 18x14 feet. Due to some reasons, I couldn't get the Surrounds at that time. Need your help in buying the surround speakers now.

Considerations:
1. My listening position (sofa) is situated right on the rear wall, so will have to hang the surround speakers on the side walls.
2. There's no space to hang the speakers at the ear level due to the main door on the left. So, speakers can be hanged at a height of approx 7 feet on side walls.

Please suggest me which surround speakers should I buy with my current setup.
What's your budget?

₹25,000
This is a good budget must say.
Since I have been using Alteco C-1 from Dali, would recommend the same to you. The angle makes a huge difference in listening experience. And the sound signature/quality of a Dali doesn't need any introduction to you. Price is approximately 25-28k depending on the dealer and your negotiation skills.
Apart from Dali, Q Accoustics and Sonodyne has some good options. Sonodyne has a couple of bipolar surround models.

This is a good budget must say.
Since I have been using Alteco C-1 from Dali, would recommend the same to you. The angle makes a huge difference in listening experience. And the sound signature/quality of a Dali doesn't need any introduction to you. Price is approximately 25-28k depending on the dealer and your negotiation skills.
Apart from Dali, Q Accoustics and Sonodyne has some good options. Sonodyne has a couple of bipolar surround models.
Q Acoustics which model? Bookshelfs like 3010i are too deep, won’t look nice on the side walls. Do they have any tilted surrounds?
Nearby dealer recommended me to go for Sonodyne 3440 or Alteco C1 if budget allows.
Have you tried Sonodyne speakers? How’s the experience? Haven’t heard much about them?

You can also look at Polk Audio S15 or TAGA Harmony AZURE B-40/Platinum S-90 SL or something similar which has Frequency Response under 60 Hz so that you can play with crossover under 60Hz once in a while

Polk Rti A1.....under 25k. Has key hole brackets. Normally super simple to hang them on 1 screw. In your case, you might have to angle them as they will be higher. Plenty mounting bracket options available.

Q Acoustics which model? Bookshelfs like 3010i are too deep, won’t look nice on the side walls. Do they have any tilted surrounds?
Nearby dealer recommended me to go for Sonodyne 3440 or Alteco C1 if budget allows.
Have you tried Sonodyne speakers? How’s the experience? Haven’t heard much about them?
Yes I meant bookshelves from QA.

I haven't tried Sonodyne but there are many happy users of 3440 and 3540. However, I'd recommend you Avant S1.
Due to space issues, I had to mount my Altecos 7.5 ft from ground level and do not have any issues till date.

Yes I meant bookshelves from QA.

I haven't tried Sonodyne but there are many happy users of 3440 and 3540. However, I'd recommend you Avant S1.
Due to space issues, I had to mount my Altecos 7.5 ft from ground level and do not have any issues till date.
Are you using Alteco C1 as Atmos height or rear surrounds?

Are you using Alteco C1 as Atmos height or rear surrounds?
Rear surrounds. Although Alteco is meant to be heights, it is more than capable as surrounds. In this forum itself many users are using them as surrounds.
In the Dali user group in Facebook, there are many users who are using the same with Dali speakers which are much above in the hierarchy like Opticon and Rubicon.

If you are interested in Alteco, see if these are still available. Good idea in my opinion given your elevation constraints.

But won’t they be hard to drive?
I drive them with my 50wpc avr. No issues at all. And how loud do you want to play? Also most of the work in a surround setting is done by the center channel. The surrounds are there as a supporting role to add atmosphere. So am pretty happy with my setup. Am not as critical about my ht setup as i am about my stereo sound quality.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back