which velodyne???

For tight & accurate bass get 2 spl 800i (approx 55K each)
or you can aslo go for 2 cht 12(approx 52 each) as suggested by odyssey.
The cht may more apt acc to your set up & taste.
All the best
Cheers

hey brothers

if i like to purchase velodyne subwoofers which models

price range 50 to 1

Hey Manu - Try Velodyne Impact series. Its 5 star rated sub (as per WHF Mag) and the 12 inch models thats kicks a lot of butt costs only 30k incl taxes.

How difficult and expensive would it be to build a sub?

Can a bridged stereo amp be used to power a sub, or power two subs? I read reviews of some of the amps on audioreview and seems lot of people are using such amps to drive passive subs.
How difficult/ expensive then would it be to build a passive sub?

regards

How difficult and expensive would it be to build a sub?

Can a bridged stereo amp be used to power a sub, or power two subs? I read reviews of some of the amps on audioreview and seems lot of people are using such amps to drive passive subs.
How difficult/ expensive then would it be to build a passive sub?

regards

Generally sub amps are Class-D which offers boost in less spectrum of frequency,whereas ereo amps are Class A+B & gives larger freq response.
Secondly its the internal special circuit which boosts Bass in sub.

In short stereo amp can be used to power a sub ,but SQ output can be below average.:eek:hyeah:

thanks brothers

for all your rpelies i should lookout for cht series so i can connect 2 15 inches subs in my home theatre :eek:hyeah:

can someone tell me what is the price of cht 15

Last edited:
Manu Pajji!!!!!

The Cht 15 is arnd 70-75

But b4 you do that what is your room size & rest of the set up again?

All the best
Cheers

this is a never ending chase. For the same budget, 2 subs MAY give better room response, but in the similar budget you WILL get much better next level sub if you go for single.
Same logic extends for 3 better than 2.

you will be better off using 3 CHT 12s rather than 2 CHT 15s

cheers

Regarding sub-woofers, i wonder if it applies..

to choose 2 or 3 average looking girl-friends
or to choose one stunner.

hmm.......

this is a never ending chase. For the same budget, 2 subs MAY give better room response, but in the similar budget you WILL get much better next level sub if you go for single.
Same logic extends for 3 better than 2.

Its not about getting one better next level sub, perhaps if one goes high enough you will find a single great sub. My point was more about how it integrates into a room, at these frequencies the room plays a very important part and if you want to avoid uneven response at low freq (as much as possible), the best way to do it is to try many subs - all at different positions to each other - as asymmetrical as possible in terms of distances from walls and from each other.

cheers

Manu Pajji!!!!!

The Cht 15 is arnd 70-75

But b4 you do that what is your room size & rest of the set up again?

All the best
Cheers

room size 12 feet wide 20 feet long and 10 feet high and also my room is heavily bass trapped :eek:hyeah:

i have polk tsi 500,polk cs 20,two polk psw 125 subs and four polk tsi 200 for surrounds :cool:

Regarding sub-woofers, i wonder if it applies..

to choose 2 or 3 average looking girl-friends
or to choose one stunner.

hmm.......

you get easily bored by one stunner girl after a while but if you have average 2 or 4 or 8 girls then every one has their own taste so you never get bored and everyday you have different flavor :cool:

that's what i think :rolleyes:

I hope your wife is not reading this, otherwise your neighbors will sing - tainu dulha kinne banaya .... :lol:

you get easily bored by one stunner girl after a while but if you have average 2 or 4 or 8 girls then every one has their own taste so you never get bored and everyday you have different flavor :cool:

that's what i think :rolleyes:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back