Who Has got Garrard 2025T or 2025Tc Turntable

Was this thread helpful and informative ?

• Very much

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Ok to some extent

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waste of time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have seen enthuiasts on HFV selling their stuff at three times I buy the rates at so they are also dealers. The only diff. is that they wear a veil whereas I am openly accepting.

By the way why i am unable to use sell your stuff on the forum.

Never dealt so no idea. How much the seller is asking for ?? Can do some research and get back based on your inputs. Regards.

Last edited:
I have seen enthuiasts on HFV selling their stuff at three times I buy the rates at so they are also dealers. The only diff. is that they wear a veil whereas I am openly accepting.

By the way why i am unable to use sell your stuff on the forum.

You accepted when you were probed - that is in general bad for all dealers as people look with suspicion ....MY CONCERN IS THAT.

First show your stuff
then do NOT write anything
Let people post about your stuff
Then star t posting tit bits
THEN OFFER IT FOR SALE - that too before mandatory 50 posts ( is that restrictions still there???)

So why this "Dheere dheere se merejingi main aana" approch???:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

why not direct??

Does anyone have a schematic or a manual for the Garrard 2025T? I inherited a console stereo player and have attempted to order a new stylus, but I believe I also need a cartridge. I cannot find good reference materials. Please help! Thank you!

Does anyone have a schematic or a manual for the Garrard 2025T? I inherited a console stereo player and have attempted to order a new stylus, but I believe I also need a cartridge. I cannot find good reference materials. Please help! Thank you!

Hi you will get everything here turntable needles select find my player tab and then carry forward. Why do you require the schematic ? any specific problem ??

regards,

Lifewater

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can share the full user manual for Philips Garrard 2025T. I am also looking for the reader pin/stylus, where can I get them and help on installing it

Thanks in advance for anyone helping out

Hey guys,

I'm a first-time turntable owner (and kind of a noob). I recently acquired a Garrard 2025 TC. The unit itself is in great condition - I purchased a Grado Green1 cartridge at the recommendation of a friend, only to find it wont mount onto my tone arm as-is. The cartridge requires two screws (which seems to be pretty standard for mounting) however, the 2025 TC only has a single screw mount.

Is there anything I can do to use this cartridge with my unit? Any kind of mounting adaptor, etc? and/or, can I replace the tone arm? OR, should I just choose a different cartridge?

Please advise!

Hey guys,

I'm a first-time turntable owner (and kind of a noob). I recently acquired a Garrard 2025 TC. The unit itself is in great condition - I purchased a Grado Green1 cartridge at the recommendation of a friend, only to find it wont mount onto my tone arm as-is. The cartridge requires two screws (which seems to be pretty standard for mounting) however, the 2025 TC only has a single screw mount.

Is there anything I can do to use this cartridge with my unit? Any kind of mounting adaptor, etc? and/or, can I replace the tone arm? OR, should I just choose a different cartridge?

Please advise!

You will need a catridge mount. Its nothing but a small metal plate with 3 screw holes, 1 for bolting it to the headshell and the other 2 for the cart. The Garrard headshells were designed form ceramic carts of those times, they just required a single bolt and nut to fit them to the headshell.

On another note, you may be tempted to but never glue the cart to the headshell. That's never a great idea for obvious reasons.

this is what i was referring to in the above post, for Garrard headshells with single screw mount:

headshell-06.jpg

this is what i was referring to in the above post, for Garrard headshells with single screw mount:

headshell-06.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Any idea the model name/number of that mount you posted?

I'd been debating whether I should keep the Grado Green1 and try to find a way to mount it - or, return it, and get another stylus for the current cartridge (images attached).

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Garrard2025tc-1.jpg
    Garrard2025tc-1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Garrard2025tc-2.jpg
    Garrard2025tc-2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Garrard2025tc-3.jpg
    Garrard2025tc-3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 51
Awesome! Thanks for the info. Any idea the model name/number of that mount you posted?

I'd been debating whether I should keep the Grado Green1 and try to find a way to mount it - or, return it, and get another stylus for the current cartridge (images attached).

Thoughts?

Your current cart is a ceramic cart with a flip stylus. The Grado Green1 is way superior and you'd also have the advantage of being able to use it with any of the modern amps with Magnetic phono input. If you plan to retain the ceramic, then you'll need a ceramic phonostage to go with it. Not sure about the part number (let me check my Garrard files tonight and see if I can dig it out) but you can even have that made at home with a small piece of aluminium.

Having said that, on another note, the Garrard 2025 series of turntables came with tonearms that were designed for (1) record changers and (2) ceramic carts. Record changer tonearms are usually designed to track heavy so that hopping does not happen. Also ceramic carts are designed to track at 4-7 gms or more. The usual tracking force for magnetics is in the 1.5 to 3 gms range.

Hope this helps.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back