• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Who owns Philips BDP2180 !!!

Mogami Cables

Aquarian09

Hello guys,

i just received my new Philips BDP2180 from Amazon.
I am trying to Play a 3D Blu-Ray disc(Rise of Guardians)

But the message appears That I need a 3DTV/3D Blu-ray Player in order to play 3D content.

Well, my TV is not a 3DTV. It's a Samsung 40" LCD bought 4 years ago.

Is it because of the TV or problem with my player ??

Need help

ravidharap

Yes your TV and player should be 3d compatible, I too faced the same issue. I bought an LG BD 440, now can watch 3d content

Aquarian09

Yes your TV and player should be 3d compatible, I too faced the same issue. I bought an LG BD 440, now can watch 3d content

Also, I remember that I played a 3D content using my PS3 on the same TV. It was Monsters vs Aliens Bluray, in that disc they have a short film in 3D. I played it using my PS3 and on same TV.

am worried now :(

is it my new Philips bd player ??

rakeshchn

There is a setting in Philips BDP 2180 to turn off 3D, so that even if you watch a 3D Blu ray it will only play as 2D and hopefully will work with your 2D TV.

Aquarian09

Thanks for all the replies :)

Just wanted to update the info,
the blu-ray player is just fine .... the reason for not playing 3D content is the supported 3DTV or the supported Projector.

I got the Optoma HD141X FullHD/3D Projector, everything works like a charm :)