Why is arc not working?

Akshit2111

Hey guys need a little help!
I have connected an hdmi cable running out of arc hdmi port on my tv to arc tv out on my avr. Have also enabled arc on both the devices.
But i still have to attach optical out from tv to get sound. I dont understand what else should i do.
CEC is on, i can control volume on my avr using my tv remote. But on my fure tv stick my tv remote does not work.
Like it gets frustrating to keep juggling between 3 remotes!!

I guess ARC is a little erratic. A lot of people face issues with it.
I face it on my Onkyo avr. A friend faced it on his brand new Yamaha avr.
Contemplating using optical out as a better option

Are their specific hdmi cables as well which support it? Or hdmi type has no connection with it..
I faintly remember that it worked for me like inititally in my previous avr but then stopped working and ever since then i have not been able to make it work.

Check audio settings in TV. Maybe you have to disable the TV's internal output to get it. What TV is it?

I had this issue. It got solved by setting the TV correctly to HDMI ARC.
The AVR side was a bit more involved/tricky with assignable inputs.
TV: LG OLED 55C8
AVR: Marantz NR1605

Cheers,
Raghu

Check audio settings in TV. Maybe you have to disable the TV's internal output to get it. What TV is it?
i have done that as well. Tv option shows 3 options
1) TV speakers
2) HDMI ( when i select this i dont get any sound)
3) optical

Getting the ARC working always is a problem. But from my experience it works mostly.
Sometimes turning in this order may work. Pls try.
1) Switch on TV first
2) Switch on AVR

All HDMI cables carry information
Please make sure
1) put HDMI cable in earc designated port in tv which is usually hidden at back of most of flat tv
Then it should work
All the best

Check the AVR side. On my Marantz AVR I had to explicitly enable ARC input on the monitor port.
This option was hidden away; not very straight forward.
Cheers,
Raghu
can you elaborate a little on this. i cud not find this option for a specific "out" port.

Hey guys need a little help!
I have connected an hdmi cable running out of arc hdmi port on my tv to arc tv out on my avr. Have also enabled arc on both the devices.
But i still have to attach optical out from tv to get sound. I dont understand what else should i do.
CEC is on, i can control volume on my avr using my tv remote. But on my fure tv stick my tv remote does not work.
Like it gets frustrating to keep juggling between 3 remotes!!

Sometimes the HDMI cable is the culprit........If the TV and AVR are the latest models and if you are using a OLD version of HDMI cable....you will face challenges....

Which cable are you using?

https://turbofuture.com/computers/do-i-need-hdmi-cable-4k-hdmi-20-guide

I use a Monster Cable which is 1.4 and has a transfer speed upto 14gbps

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back