Why is buying a mobile so complex :(

How is samsung galaxy y. On paper it appears to be extremely value for money. How much you paid for it?
I want to buy a phone for my wife with whatsapp on it and rs.99 p.m. gprs plan so she could chat with her friends and with me when she finds the time:rolleyes:

It is good phone. Dont expect blazing speeds and all. Works well. The battery lasts for about a day. The best I like is Kies and integration to the PC. I enter all my contacts and maintain it on the PC. I paid 7200. I believe it is available online for less.

Cheers

Last edited:
How do the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S and Moto Razr compare?

Is the Razr still available? Its a good phone. I owned and even got one for my wife a few years back. Its limited in terms of memory, apps and games (java only) but excellent in terms of looks and oomph factor.

Don't know about the Sony Xperia but from what I've read its a looker. Not sure about features though.

Edit - Seems the new Razr runs on Android. Should be a good buy.

How is samsung galaxy y. On paper it appears to be extremely value for money. How much you paid for it?
I want to buy a phone for my wife with whatsapp on it and rs.99 p.m. gprs plan so she could chat with her friends and with me when she finds the time:rolleyes:

Galaxy Y is a cool phone for wYfe :D I wanted to buy mine that one when it appeared on the scene, but she was aiming higher, she took my phone and set me free to buy a new one :eek:hyeah: :clapping:

You can't go wrong with a Galaxy Y. Awesome phone for the price.

Last edited:
I need it for video conferencing and also mastermind chat groups (with 100s of people doing a group chat). Its like 1000+ messages in an hour... the mobiles just don't scroll fast enough for me.

Buy a Moto Xoom, Samsung Tab or Samsung Galaxy Note. Other phones may not be able to handle that kinda traffic.

Also, it will be your data plan that will play a more important role into the whole thing. Your phone can't do anything if your connection is slow.

Buy a Moto Xoom, Samsung Tab or Samsung Galaxy Note. Other phones may not be able to handle that kinda traffic.

Also, it will be your data plan that will play a more important role into the whole thing. Your phone can't do anything if your connection is slow.

I have a Moto Xoom (that's what I was pitching in the earlier threads).

Not to hijack the thread (but adding here instead of opening a separate post), but me too looking for miniature low end touch screen mobile. (To be used by my aunt)

Requirement: Basic phone (camera, 2g, messaging) with higher phonebook capacity. (close to 1000)

Is this mobile ok? Samsung C3303 retails apprx 3400-3800. I also see some mixed reviews. So in dilemma.
Anything else in the touch screen section in similar price range?
Or a decent miniature low end touch screen mobiles upto 5500Rs.

htc senation with custom many customs roms is available.
Presently im using htc desire hd with virtuos unity mod with sense 3.5.
HTC sense imho is better than samsung's iphone clone interface.

though OT but i got free of all complexity of this issue.. from the galaxy NOTE i came down bought a Nokia X1-01.. saved 30k.. all that goin for my FS now... lolz..

I forgot to mention this phone was for my wife.

So Note is out of question. I liked the note, its really nifty and has a great screen.

All I want is a phone that looks good, has a good touch screen and an excellent camera and obviously local support and ongoing warranty.

The iphone 4 ( I currently use as a touch due to the faulty mic) is something I will look at only if the 4s comes at a 30k price bracket. At 45k, its a no-go.

In my humble opinion, buying a phone for the wife is a significantly different ballgame versus buying a phone for oneself. The iPhone is still the safest bet in this regard, as it has the right combination of intuitiveness and style/glam and also has a really good camera to boot.

Android is still a geek's phone and requires a lot of hackery and knowledge of technical details which can easily frustrate anybody, much less a woman (at the risk of sounding sexist). Considering the ridiculous price of iPhones in India, I would say that a Windows "Mango" phone would be a good bet. It has a very clean, modern, and intuitive interface, and doesn't have the clutter and complexity of Android. Lumia 700 at the low end, and an HTC Titan at the high end. The Titan has really good reviews and is a big phone for a pocket but not too big for a handbag. It also has a pretty good camera and is extremely well built. Although the Lumia 700 does not have a really good camera, it has really good features otherwise and considering the low price, you can consider it as a stop gap phone until the iPhone 5 is released.

Android is still a geek's phone and requires a lot of hackery and knowledge of technical details which can easily frustrate anybody, much less a woman (at the risk of sounding sexist). Considering the ridiculous price of iPhones in India, I would say that a Windows "Mango" phone would be a good bet. It has a very clean, modern, and intuitive interface, and doesn't have the clutter and complexity of Android. Lumia 700 at the low end, and an HTC Titan at the high end. The Titan has really good reviews and is a big phone for a pocket but not too big for a handbag. It also has a pretty good camera and is extremely well built. Although the Lumia 700 does not have a really good camera, it has really good features otherwise and considering the low price, you can consider it as a stop gap phone until the iPhone 5 is released.

Thanks Arun. I had kept the Nokia Lumia 800 not the 710 in my shortlist. The only worries were with the poor camera in it and there are widespread issues of poor battery. Plus a lack of a front camera means that video calling, which I feel will be pretty common in a years time cant be done.

My current shortlist is the SII, despite the cost, despite the moves by Samsung to reduce the CPU speed, as its the only one from Samsung that has the superb super amoled screen as well as a very good camera. The Splus is close, but it doesnt even have a flash for camera. The Samsung R would have been my personal choice but the screen is fairly dull in comparison.

The other option is the Moto Razr XT910, great screen, great CPU, slightly odd design, top heavy due to the super slim chasis and thick only at the camera side. But super expensive, even 3k more than the SII.

The third contender is the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, good all round phone. Great looks.

The Nokia N9 and HTC titan dont seem to be available in the market. The symbian based Nokia would probably struggle from a touch interface.

My wife would care two hoots for the apps, so if there was Lumia 900, it would have been perfect. My ideal budget was around 25k, but I guess I would need to stretch it. I thought I would get great deals at Reliance Digital, but the 26% cash back is a real rip off.

CPU speeds can be overclocked, if that is the only thing stopping you from getting the S2. My Note is running at 1704Mhz.

Just wait for some time! Check out the google nexus website. The flagship Android ICS phone: Galaxy Nexus launch in India is just around the corner. The booking can be done online.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

In no hurry... Almost decided to buy Defy+, but is it worth waiting for Xcover? Samsung seem to be the top phone guys these days!

The Nexus has only one adv. over the SII that is the ICS. Otherwise it has a poorer camera and no expandable slot. Although at 32 GB internal memory, it may not need one. Finally, most phones would get upgraded to ICS, so is it such a big adv.?

My friend bought an S2 yesterday and was able to upgrade to the LeoMar75 ROM. So, based on our PM conversation earlier, you should be OK, should you need to overclock.

I would be very surprised if your wife complained about the phone being slow :)

SII is a good choice. I am eying for a note , provided some one generously buys my Xperia Arc. ;)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back