Why Play On HD rated as 3rd in Poll Results

Hi Everyone ,

Pls pls give me suggestion on this

I plan to buy this Play on HD , but after saw the firmware releases section i changed mind that not to go...

But my doubts are (after reading ur replies)

I want to go for Playon HD(as i am in bangalore, near by my home only that company is there.. so it is easy for me to buy)

1) Which one will be better Play on HD or Mini ?
2) Is that Playon HD had latest Chipset (which supports HD audio Realtek ) or Play on Mini had ?
3) How many yrs of warranty they are giving ? is it an replacement warranty ?
4) Wht about picture clarity for 1080P videos reading from my external HDD and Hd audio for the same? did u ever tried this ?
5) did any one tried Blu Ray's and Blu Ray Rips or ISO's?

@hemantwaghe

Hi man, I took this from Play On HD website only , it shows

Audio Output Supported:

* Stereo
* Dolby Digital AC3 5.1
o (passthrough & downmix to stereo)
* Dolby Digital Plus
o (passthrough)
* DTS
o (passthrough & downmix to stereo)
* DTS-HD Master Audio
o (passthrough core stream & downmix to stereo)
* DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
o (passthrough core stream & downmix to stereo)
* FLAC 7.1
o (passthrough & downmix to ste

Hi Everyone ,

Pls pls give me suggestion on this

I plan to buy this Play on HD , but after saw the firmware releases section i changed mind that not to go...

But my doubts are (after reading ur replies)

I want to go for Playon HD(as i am in bangalore, near by my home only that company is there.. so it is easy for me to buy)

1) Which one will be better Play on HD or Mini ?
2) Is that Playon HD had latest Chipset (which supports HD audio Realtek ) or Play on Mini had ?
3) How many yrs of warranty they are giving ? is it an replacement warranty ?
4) Wht about picture clarity for 1080P videos reading from my external HDD and Hd audio for the same? did u ever tried this ?
5) did any one tried Blu Ray's and Blu Ray Rips or ISO's?

If the company is near by your home why dont you just walk-in to their office and clarify all the doubts and post the responses here ? It will be a great help to other members looking to buy this product.

Kittu

Yes i am planning to do that today .. i will go and get the demo from them after that only i will decide to buy or not ? before that i want to confirm whether Blu Ray's it will play or not and Video Quality ??

Yes i am planning to do that today .. i will go and get the demo from them after that only i will decide to buy or not ? before that i want to confirm whether Blu Ray's it will play or not and Video Quality ??

they give demo?
See if they are able to DEmo HD audio....

In fact even their website doesnot mention Dolby True HD

That might be because only the latest firmware supports it, and the player might not be shipping with the latest firmware with True HD support. So it isnt exactly out of the box update and hence no mention on their site.

The current product might be shipping with the previous firmware that provided DTS MA support and so its clearly mentioned on their site.......

Ok sure guys, i will try to get all details from demo person with latest Chipset from Realtek and everything ?

One thing i can tell you is that their latest firware( doesn't support HD Audio and Blu Ray ISO files).. this i got from acryan forum only ... apart from GUI probs ???

Hi all,

Some ppl r using play on hd for some time right ?

Did u guys face any hangs during play back of any of ur music or movie files till date ? if it is yes which format of audio r video file the device got hangs ?

if unit hangs while playing any media file (audio r video ) and there is not point in buying this play on hd player and i won't go to that company also (as i had lot of other personal work.. it is time consuming u know)

Hi all,

Some ppl r using play on hd for some time right ?

Did u guys face any hangs during play back of any of ur music or movie files till date ? if it is yes which format of audio r video file the device got hangs ?

if unit hangs while playing any media file (audio r video ) and there is not point in buying this play on hd player and i won't go to that company also (as i had lot of other personal work.. it is time consuming u know)

Ok sure guys, i will try to get all details from demo person with latest Chipset from Realtek and everything ?

One thing i can tell you is that their latest firware( doesn't support HD Audio and Blu Ray ISO files).. this i got from acryan forum only ... apart from GUI probs ???

forum is a discussion not a press release or specification from ACryan .. I'd suggest you to meet Ranga Prasad in their company ask all your questions. He is a very nice guy to deal with ... Not sure if they have demo room etc but Ranga was nice enough to invite me to his place when I bought the ACRyan from him for the demo... He played some 20gb files and it played nicely.... But I did not test HD audio etc back then it is almost 1 n half year back... It was all science to me till I joined HFV gained some knowledge lost double the wieght on my wallet .. :)

can anybody let me know where are they based in blore? & @ MuthuHifi - any updates on your visit & demo on the product?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back