Why Play On HD rated as 3rd in Poll Results

MuthuHifi

I have some clarifications on Media Players poll listed in other thread.

It says Xtreamer Pro is the 2nd one in the place and Play on is 3rd one ..

But as far as I red in acryan forums firmware releases section i came to know tat it is really buggy one and not at all usable .. why this difference ? it will really confuse people like me ? I would have been bought this Play On HD based on Poll Results , so please don't rate any product which is not worth to buy ?? this will be helpful for every new comer to the forum ...

I have some clarifications on Media Players poll listed in other thread.

It says Xtreamer Pro is the 2nd one in the place and Play on is 3rd one ..

But as far as I red in acryan forums firmware releases section i came to know tat it is really buggy one and not at all usable .. why this difference ? it will really confuse people like me ? I would have been bought this Play On HD based on Poll Results , so please don't rate any product which is not worth to buy ?? this will be helpful for every new comer to the forum ...

Muthu ,

I agree with your doubt but you could have asked this question in the same thread instead of opening a new one. That way we will have more constructive threads with all information furninshed @ one place.

Kittu

Th poll?
Buddy check the sample size...why attach any imporatnce to the poll? Do your own research.Find which features you want and who is offering it!

I would have been bought this Play On HD based on Poll Results , so please don't rate any product which is not worth to buy ?? this will be helpful for every new comer to the forum ...

read the polls , they are doubted ( by me atleast) in the same thread.

Now the "poll master" can give an explanation?? any marketing wizardry to interpret the results for real life use?

Try one of the previous firmwares. May not be too feature rich. But definitely rock solid. Besides the product is good value for money.

Try one of the previous firmwares. May not be too feature rich. But definitely rock solid. Besides the product is good value for money.

From its inception it is claiming support for HD - Audio ..Till now the issue not sorted out ( or show me any evidence it is sorted out)

@gadgetcrazy

Do u have this Play on HD with you and if u confirm only i can go for it.. ? it is around 9500 in bangalore , for this money i am expecting some good product with working atleast in basic of it well... But play on HD fails of it with it's basic functionality
?

Not only me, there are a number of other people who have this product with them. There will be people who will swear by it and then there will be others who loath it.
I am a satisfied customer as I was not looking for very advanced features from this product. As regards basics, it does very well. Except for the GUI, I think it works great. Plays almost everything that you throw at it. In the end it is your choice. If you are looking for some specific features like HD audio, please confirm before you jump in.

I am a very basic user. I have installed a HDD, connected a External HDD, use wifi to stream from my desktop and play everything through HDMI. Your preferences might be different.

Last edited:
From its inception it is claiming support for HD - Audio ..Till now the issue not sorted out ( or show me any evidence it is sorted out)

I have read about that in your other thread. I am not a person who can answer that because 1) I am not a advanced hi fi guy and do not have an avr. 2) I have the old chipset which I dont think supports HD audio.
The best place to follow that would be on AC ryan forums. This is a thread I could find A.C. Ryan • View topic - HD Audio on Playon!HD

This is what is there posted by one of the mods/ ac ryan staff.

If you have a DA or DD model you cannot play TrueHD and DTS-HD MA as specified in the specs. When you have a DD C+ (or better know as DD+ model) you will get TrueHD and DTS-HD MA support with a firmware update, with the note that DTS-HD MA now as been tested working in the new firmware but we cannot garantee this within upcoming firmwares.

This topic will not be closed as we got word that it confuses new users as the original topic is over a year old. If you have any questions related HD audio for DD or DD+ chipset please reply in the other topics on this forum or start a new topic.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
@gadgetcrazy

You mention that Except GUI , that is where i am really confused if GUI is buggy one how u r able to use Play On HD without any probs.. ( I meant if it get stuck internittent , then how possible for you to use it. and for Mp3 files it is got stuck also we have to restart every time --> this i got from firmware release section of ac ryan forum )..

if above GUI issues and basic functionality issues are resolved by ACRyan Team.. i will buy it as company is near by my house in bangalore and it is very easy for me to access it...

But as of now there is no hope that AC Ryan team will give good stable GUI release..

@gadgetcrazy

You mention that Except GUI , that is where i am really confused if GUI is buggy one how u r able to use Play On HD without any probs.. ( I meant if it get stuck internittent , then how possible for you to use it. and for Mp3 files it is got stuck also we have to restart every time --> this i got from firmware release section of ac ryan forum )..

if above GUI issues and basic functionality issues are resolved by ACRyan Team.. i will buy it as company is near by my house in bangalore and it is very easy for me to access it...

But as of now there is no hope that AC Ryan team will give good stable GUI release..

I own a POHD and never had the problems you mentioned in basic functions.

I have POHD and it never was/is buggy with what ever previous firmwares I have tried. I am using it extensively, with all sorts of media files and I have not found ANY SINGLE file that it was not able to play on it (and if there was ..... as I remember one, it was a corrupt file which did'nt even play on my PC) .... yes a couple of times it gets stuck/hangs and needs a restart but thats about it ...... The UI was a bit cheezy (not buggy mind you), but the latest firmware has changed it all together. The latest firmware also claim HD audio which personally I have not yet experimented (will do soon), but there is no actual deal breaking or "not 9500 worth" problem I have found yet (though I bough it for 12K at that time)......

Last but not the least the POHD forum is far better in terms of helping you out plus POHD has been bringing absolute regular updated for their products (check their firmware history) which is very good. Heck infact unofficial developers keep bringing their own customized firmware now and then which you can try ....... Uptill now AC Ryan has brought the best support and updates in all media player genre .....

Last edited:
GUI is not buggy. It is less attractive and flashy as compared to others. I. Have not flashed the latest firmware. I am on one of the previous beta where everything runs smooth. Why don't you take a demo of this at some owner's place and then decide what you want to. Do.

That is yet to be tested. Right now my 5.1 speaker hunt is on so once I set that up I will test it with diff firmwares see which one works :) as POHD claims.

POHD and its staff CLAIMED any things ,it appears HD audio is not working.
Shame where company is claimin support on their site and nowhere mentioning it is firmware upgradable feature! ( Not off the box!)

All biggest joke is that till now that firmware is not ready!!!:mad::mad::mad:

^^ The latest POHD are coming with latest firmware I suppose, so ideally they are updated out of the box ......

And which firmware is not ready???? The final one is completed with full YAMJ support .....ready to be downloaded....

^^ The latest POHD are coming with latest firmware I suppose, so ideally they are updated out of the box ......

And which firmware is not ready???? The final one is completed with full YAMJ support .....ready to be downloaded....
so In my other thread why everyone is compaining about POHD's ability to decode HD - audio?
In fact even their website doesnot mention Dolby True HD

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back