Wi Fi adapter for Denon X100

quakerme

Wi Fi adapter for Denon X1000

Hello all Couple of questions regarding my first AVR (Denon X1000) and thanks to hi fi vision for making me think beyond Philips, sony LG and Samsung :yahoo: , as a beginner i have couple of doubts regarding the setup of X1000 looking for some tips and tricks from the FM's below are my questions..

1. My router is on the first floor so there is no chance for a wired connection to the player, any idea where i can get a wireless lan converter/ wi fi adapter for my denon x1000 for airplay will a usb wifi adapter serve the purpose.
2. For some weird reason my tuner is not working, even with antenna connected, all it does is make a lot of static noise.. any tips??
3. how to connect my note 2 to the AVR front USB port, all it says is "no connection" should i tweak any settings apart from the USB option?

Thanks in advance :clapping:

Last edited:
Consider a high quality professional Router for a proper Networking at Home, this way you can connect your PC/Tab/AVR etc and share content.

Consider a high quality professional Router for a proper Networking at Home, this way you can connect your PC/Tab/AVR etc and share content.

Thanks ankit.wi fi Is already enabled on both the floors, not sure how to connect my avr to existing wifi network without a network cable.

Thanks ankit.wi fi Is already enabled on both the floors, not sure how to connect my avr to existing wifi network without a network cable.

What I mean is an external or for that matter an internal Wifi on AVR may not give you practical usability to stream Videos, you have to have proper Gigabit LAN and the AVR connected to LAN for streaming HD Videos smoothly from connected devices.

What I mean is an external or for that matter an internal Wifi on AVR may not give you practical usability to stream Videos, you have to have proper Gigabit LAN and the AVR connected to LAN for streaming HD Videos smoothly from connected devices.

Hmmm. spending 12k for wi fi is above my budget, any other alternatives? will access point/bridge help for streaming mp3's?

Last edited:
Re: Wi Fi adapter for Denon X1000

Hello all Couple of questions regarding my first AVR (Denon X1000) and thanks to hi fi vision for making me think beyond Philips, sony LG and Samsung :yahoo: , as a beginner i have couple of doubts regarding the setup of X1000 looking for some tips and tricks from the FM's below are my questions..

1. My router is on the first floor so there is no chance for a wired connection to the player, any idea where i can get a wireless lan converter/ wi fi adapter for my denon x1000 for airplay will a usb wifi adapter serve the purpose.
2. For some weird reason my tuner is not working, even with antenna connected, all it does is make a lot of static noise.. any tips??
3. how to connect my note 2 to the AVR front USB port, all it says is "no connection" should i tweak any settings apart from the USB option?

Thanks in advance :clapping:

Most of the AVR's are compatible with only apple products, so I doubt whether your Note 2 can be connected to the USB port for playing music. I tried my Galaxy Grand Duos with my Yamaha AVR and it does not detect any music but it detects my iphone.
For your networking needs you can get a power line LAN adapter which uses your present electrical lines to transmit as LAN. Just connect one adapter near your router with a LAN cable and the other adapter near your AVR with the LAN cable.

Thanks

I recently bought one for my Denon 1912 and it is now able to connect to my streaming servers.
swjxxr

You can use an apple Airport Express or any Wireless Access point which will connect with your Router through Wifi and then through a Lan Cable you can extend the same to your AVR which will get an Internet Connection.

If you do not want to wire, you can get something like this. I recently bought one for my Denon 1912 and it is now able to connect to my streaming servers.

Amazon.com : NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter : Usb Computer Network Adapters : Electronics

You can use an apple Airport Express or any Wireless Access point which will connect with your Router through Wifi and then through a Lan Cable you can extend the same to your AVR which will get an Internet Connection.

Thanks for the reply,
1. Fixed my tuner issue by attaching a copper wire onto the AVR antenna.
2. Got an access point TP LINK connected it to my AVR as Client mode, AVR shows the network options such as Fav, Internet radio, last.fm etc but not able to access any of them, when tried a "network setup" it comes up with the below error
10zzdop.jpg

DHCP=off
IP= same as that of the access point
Proxy = OFF
Any help guys?

Last edited:
You could have opted for a cheaper or old wireless router and configure it to a repeater. Place it closer to AVR and to repeater to AVR using RJ45 Lan cable.

My denon receiver 3312 do not support video streaming so bandwidth doesn't matter as I can only stream music. Do not know the video streaming capability of your receiver.

Turn-on DHCP and try again else assign a static IP for the MAC address of the device in configuration page of router.

You can access the router @ 192.168.1.1

Check here too http://www.justanswer.com/home-theater-stereo/6n7j2-help-connect-denon-avr-1912-internet.html

Last edited:
You could have opted for a cheaper or old wireless router and configure it to a repeater. Place it closer to AVR and to repeater to AVR using RJ45 Lan cable.

My denon receiver 3312 do not support video streaming so bandwidth doesn't matter as I can only stream music. Do not know the video streaming capability of your receiver.

Turn-on DHCP and try again else assign a static IP for the MAC address of the device in configuration page of router.

You can access the router @ 192.168.1.1

Check here too http://www.justanswer.com/home-theater-stereo/6n7j2-help-connect-denon-avr-1912-internet.html

Thanks will check it tonight :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back