wish list for Bollywood/Other Indian Films on blu ray and steelbook tratment.

himanita

Hi all,

I am adding a thread, as we've had members discuss some movies here and there, that they would like to see get the blu ray or Steelbook treatment. While 'Bollywood' is not the only type of film released in India (though sometimes this term is erroneously used to describe all cinema from region), I thought we could have this thread for anyone who would like to make suggestions. Who knows-we may see more in future. Have fun!

hi

kindly suggest potential titles to give exclusive steelbook treatment and
and potential title for low print run for future pack treatment.
seriously thinking of steelbook and future pack for some extend
gangs of wassepur 1+2+dvd collector edition ? steelbook or future pak how much quatity should produce
sarfarosh futurepak 500
andaj apna apna 3000 steelbook?
jane bhi do yaro blu ray transfer and how much quantity should produce.
kahani?
dirty picture
hum dil de chuke sanam blu ray tranfer
rangeela blu ray tranfer
3 idiot remaster 4k +dts hdma 7.1.4 if possible
zero dark thirty steelbook with hindi tamil telgu english audio
thanks

I do not know if B&W films can look any better on BD than DVD so excluding them for now but that will leave out a lot of classics

Hindi
1. Sholay
2. Shaan
3. Namakhalal
4. Guide
5. Border
6. Jewel Thief
7. Shahenshah

Bengali
1. Hemlock Society
2. Abohoman
3. Jatishwaar
4. Swarna Trishna
5. Tin Murti (Hindi version is Jaagir)
6. Bong Connection
7. Sonar Kella

Until I remember more

I do not know if B&W films can look any better on BD than DVD so excluding them for now but that will leave out a lot of classics

Looking at the quality of the Criterion editions of B/W classics like Charulata, Mahanagar and Jalsagar, I can't imagine black and white movies to look any better on Blu ray.

The technicians at Indian studios like Shemaroo, etc. have no knowledge about re-mastering and B/W movies authored by them have incorrect contrasts.

I can imagine how the B/W movies will look like if they got Criterion treatment. :yahoo:

Unfortunately in India there is no respect even in industry itself for cinema, that's why we don't have Blu-ray of movies like Mother India, Mughal-E-Azam, Sholay, Pakeezah, Pyaasa, Satya, Vaastav-The Reality etc. yet. :mad:

They just want to make money, if movies like Happy New Year, It's Entertainment, Roy, Dil Dhadakne Do, Bang Bang etc. got Blu-ray treatment then why not Cinema Classics? Reason behind is, mostly people like crap movies and they release what sells in current market. BD companies have their own terms, companies don't want to listen consumers, it's SHAME we are still getting watermark Blu-rays. :indifferent14:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back