Worldspace Special

venkatcr

For those who are mad about old Hindi Film songs like I am, Worldspace has introduced a special programme from this Sunday. In the morning between 0800 and 1000 hrs, they have a programme called Farishta Countdown. They play the best songs of each year starting this Sunday with 1949.

Should be fabulous to make a list of songs one can die for.

Check out the details at WorldSpace Satellite Radio and click on Programme Details to get the details.

Cheers

For those who are mad about old Hindi Film songs like I am, Worldspace has introduced a special programme from this Sunday. In the morning between 0800 and 1000 hrs, they have a programme called Farishta Countdown. They play the best songs of each year starting this Sunday with 1949.

Should be fabulous to make a list of songs one can die for.

Check out the details at WorldSpace Satellite Radio and click on Programme Details to get the details.

Cheers

Thanks Venkatji. My mom and dad use Worldspace daily and should be aware of this. Otherwise I'm sure they will be happy when I let them know.

Thanks Venkatji. My mom and dad use Worldspace daily and should be aware of this. Otherwise I'm sure they will be happy when I let them know.

And do keep your idea alive, i.e please compile and post the list of hindi oldies, if its not to much of a bother for you!:)

Hey radio listeners

On that note, can yu folks advice which worldspace channels are free from constant screeching of adverts? I wish to expand my listening experience without having to be choosy all the time ( purchase decision, picking the cd to play at home etc etc ). I purchased the hitachi WS set in the year of its launch years back for 4000/- odd and quit listening in a few months because I could not stand the advertising. Even the worldspace adverts ever 5- 10 mins exhorting the listener to stay tuned because he is listening to the most happening radio channel made me want to puke.

In fact I stopped watching/listening to TV/Radio a few years back for this reason.

Are the WS classical western/Indian channels free from this mess? What is the frequency of adverts on WS today? I am hoping I can subscribe once again so it will help me decide what CDs to buy.

TIA
Regards

I like purani jeans on fm 98.3 - 3 hours at night, and they play kishore kumar! all hi fidelity sources can rest, I spend most of my time with noisy FM.

Are the WS classical western/Indian channels free from this mess? What is the frequency of adverts on WS today? I am hoping I can subscribe once again so it will help me decide what CDs to buy.

I am surprised. Excepting for their own programme details, there are no advertisements at all. Actually many times they play 3 or 4 songs without even opening their mouths.

Cheers

Great to hear! I'll renew my subscription this week for a trial 3 months or so.

Regards

I like purani jeans on fm 98.3 - 3 hours at night, and they play kishore kumar! all hi fidelity sources can rest, I spend most of my time with noisy FM.

Ha Ha Ha! Reminds me of my college days. But seriously Anm, you should listen to WS at least at a friend's place. How they play 1940 songs so clearly is beyond me. No noise and real good clarity. I listen to it every night and many time go to sleep with Kishore/Lata/Raf crooning for me.

Cheers

Ha Ha Ha! Reminds me of my college days. But seriously Anm, you should listen to WS at least at a friend's place. How they play 1940 songs so clearly is beyond me. No noise and real good clarity. I listen to it every night and many time go to sleep with Kishore/Lata/Raf crooning for me.

Cheers

Venkat ji,
With what system have you connected your WS? Do you leave it on the whole night? Is it ok?
Titus

Cheers

Venkat:

I get Farishta (along with 9 other WS channels) for free on Airtel Digital TV. Actually, WS has problems with a few locations in every city. But with Airtel DTV, no such problem. And the audio quality is nothing like we have ever heard - especiall when you connect it to a 2-channel stereo amp.

Warm Regds / Shailender

Venkat, sounds like a good idea. Will give WS a try. How much does a WS receiver cost - that has digital out? And monthly cost?

Airtel with WS sounds like a sweet deal. I need (not that strongly) another TV connection for my drawing room - the one I had there has gone to bedroom. So airtel might be a good idea instead of another TATA Sky. But the way channels go away on tata sky, same may happen with WS channels on airtel.

regards

With what system have you connected your WS? Do you leave it on the whole night? Is it ok? Titus

I have a very old MHC-GX2000 Sony system pumping out 2000 watts of 'PMPO' ( :) very powerful, eh?) power. I am slowly assembling a more respectable system, but this works well for my wife who uses it for CDs as well as WS. Basically it is used at night before we sleep.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back