worldspace???

yes! you do not get all channels. i will get only 10 channels. out of that only 3 will be useful to me

Farishta: Old hindi
Falak: gazals
Gandharva: hindustani classical.
sometimes i may listen to Spin(english pop) and upcountry(the meaning of which i am yet to understand.:eek:)

i am venturing into this because i am trying to develop some taste of indian classical. i do like presentations of sanjeev abhyankar but i have experienced that i buy classical CDs for 300 or so and then dump them as i don't like the stuff much. i can't be that extravagant. so rs 25/ month is a cheaper option to try classical music.

i hope the airtel rpovides at lest Zankar(new hindi) and marathi chanal in future.:)

Thanks for your post. I guess a proper receiver would be the way to go for me.

Any update on the receiver with dig. out, anyone?

hi,

i started with my worldspace experience yesterday.
Overall quality: much better than FM but not as good as CD quality as they claim.

very few ads, that too only about world space.

I am extremely happy that the RJs are not over smart or overly bubbly.

some how i felt that the quality differs as per the channel. Sonar (bangla) was the best while english channels were poor.

I am listening to worldspace last few years. Eventhough its a bit expensive, it really good.
And please dont compare with FM which is just noise and no music.

And listening to WS in Airtel is a good option if you are buying Airtel but its not an option with regular WS receiver. Regular receiver is highly portable, can take along with you and can listen wherever u get a <=12V supply, and a pair or ear/headphones and a open sky towards southeast to southwest.

And my favourites are
"The system", "Up Country", "Shruthi", "Amore", "Gandharv"

I also find it lot more convient than keep changing cd's as I sleep with my music on!

So in this pursuit I recenltly wrote to worldspace for a receiver with digital out, they said they would get in touch as soon as it is available.

--
Bryston + B&W

Last edited:
I also find it lot more convient than keep changing cd's as I sleep with my music on!

So in this pursuit I recenltly wrote to worldspace for a receiver with digital out, they said they would get in touch as soon as it is available.

--
Bryston + B&W

They stopped production of it long back and company is declared bankrupt in US ...I do not think they have any fresh "production plans!":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do not trust company start checking second hand market

What I am planning is that all my collections and downloads in flac ( I have some 40-50 Gigs of flac and started converting all my CD's -I'll put them on PC so that I can have acess to msic anytime ( and if I am sucessful in wi fi remote -ANYWHERE!)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back