Worldspace's Bankruptcy in US - Approved by Court

World Space has been doing extremely well to satisfy customers , hope they continue in India . ( I have already paid 2 years subscription in last month :eek::eek:

I have been using JVC WS radio for past 7-8 yrs. My renewal subscription is due next 10days. Is it worth doing it since after this news.

I am thinking of not doing it. any suggestions.

I have been using JVC WS radio for past 7-8 yrs. My renewal subscription is due next 10days. Is it worth doing it since after this news.

Yes, it is worth upgrading i, this wont affect their india operation as per the statitic published by them,

WorldSpace is present in over 130 countries worldwide.
As at the end 2007, it had a customer base of over 1.6 lakh in India over 93 per cent of its world-wide subscriber base.

As per the statitics even if they decide to close down, first they will close other 129 location before closing it in india as 93% of the customers are in india

but that could also mean that they are bleeding the most in India and 93% of bleeding can be plugged by just closing in India. Far fetched, but could be true.

regards

Yes, it is worth upgrading i, this wont affect their india operation as per the statitic published by them,

WorldSpace is present in over 130 countries worldwide.
As at the end 2007, it had a customer base of over 1.6 lakh in India over 93 per cent of its world-wide subscriber base.

As per the statitics even if they decide to close down, first they will close other 129 location before closing it in india as 93% of the customers are in india

They've been calling me like crazy asking me to renew my subscription (which expires in September), and I've been telling them repeatedly that Hello...it's July & I'll renew when it's close to expiration. Now I'm glad I didn't take the bait, though I sincerely hope they don't shut shop. BTW, they're giving 2 months extra on an annual subscription these days.

Pure speculation: Considering that their alliance with Airtel happened around the same time they filed for bankruptcy, could there be a possibility of Bharti taking them over?

Cheers!

but that could also mean that they are bleeding the most in India and 93% of bleeding can be plugged by just closing in India. Far fetched, but could be true.
regards

But we should also consider that they have zero competition in India, at least till now. This article New Satellite Radio Policy Doubles Entry Fee; Commercials Barred; Online Radio? | MediaNama presents a bleak picture though, as the MoI&B is proposing doubling the license fee and imposing other restrictions too.

I would get the shortest versoin possible and do it at a bargain price. Aren't people still buying GM, Ford cars in India even though these companies are in the dust now ? Time for bargain hunting.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back