Xtz Calibration

Nice honest feedback!

Most of us sometimes get too brand picky ....very few of us really dig deep to check and see if the sub can perform as expected and also deliver value for money spent. Brands and Manufacturers out there are passionate about their sales and targets...each one will try to better each other in some way or the other....as the end user, it is up to use to make a fair decision which supports the expected performance, budget and looks.
Well i was just lucky enough to get the 12.17 and the 10.17 edge variant to audition at my home. Due to this limitation a lot of us just go for products based on brand reputation and reviews.

Just want to update the ownership experience.

This sub made a world of difference in my movie experience. The biggest selling point of the sub for me was the sound tuning options. It has 3 equalizers and 4 port tuning options. That gives you a possible 12 combinations of settings and makes the bass management a little time consuming but well worth it as we get to tune the sub performance to our liking and also easier to calibrate it to blend with our room and speakers. My set up is in a bedroom and hence due to the limited space no matter how much of a good sub i get i had trouble with lot of rumble, vibrations and at times to boomy. The xtz has an equalizer which states "Is a direct countermeasure to the “muddy” bass problem of over represented low bass/room gain. By lowering the bass extension, the bass will be more controlled". And boy oh boy it got rid of most of the rumbles, vibrations and doesn't let the sub go boomy. Also the bass is tight and very powerful.It also has XLR, XLR-Passthrough connections and at this price not sure any subwoofer provides this many features. The build quality of the sub is top notch and also small compared to other subs of same size. Easily xtz 10.17.12.17 and the edge variants are a better choice then the svs 1000 and 2000 for sure being in the same price bracket. It may not go low as the svs 1000 and 2000 but easily beats in-terms of power and features.

Congratulations on your new sub & I hope it gives you many years of listening pleasure. I sure have not heard the XTZ but I have the SVS PC 2000 which is excellent at the low end & is also good at the mid end. But yes in a sealed sub the bass will be more pronounced in the 40 to 80 HZ Octave.
Featurewise yes, wish it could have the ported & sealed flexibility but anyways I find them extremely enjoyable for music & movies .
At the end what really is important to you is that your ears should be fully satisfied with your purchase & nothing else matters.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new sub & I hope it gives you many years of listening pleasure. I sure have not heard the XTZ but I have the SVS PC 2000 which is excellent at the low end & is also good at the mid end. But yes in a sealed sub the bass will be more pronounced in the 40 to 80 HZ Octave.
Featurewise yes, wish it could have the ported & sealed flexibility but anyways I find them extremely enjoyable for music & movies .
At the end what really is important to you is that your ears should be fully satisfied with your purchase & nothing else matters.
For sure the svs subwoofer is great. No way I am undermining them. Just letting everyone know how awesome and powerful the xtz is and the features it offers for its price

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back