Yamaha 8390 vs elac debut 5.2

Do look at the likes of Dali, Q acoustics, as mentioned by MaSh. If you can answer questions that what you think is missing from your current setup, it could be easier to pinpoint where the weaknesses are. Some forum members have benefited by upgrading the subwoofer on Yamaha home theater package, others have benefited by upgrading the center channel. Also if you can mention the room size,and how far apart the left/right speakers are it would be great.

If possible it’s better if you can stretch your budget to 40k and get the fyne audio f302 floor standers so that you can get away with the need for a good stand. Also the speaker is very sensitive, it can give you a decent performance with an amp of low power. It’s two way and therefore has only components in the internal crossover board like a bookshelf speaker, which is good thing for the amp you are using.

Do look at the likes of Dali, Q acoustics, as mentioned by MaSh. If you can answer questions that what you think is missing from your current setup, it could be easier to pinpoint where the weaknesses are. Some forum members have benefited by upgrading the subwoofer on Yamaha home theater package, others have benefited by upgrading the center channel. Also if you can mention the room size,and how far apart the left/right speakers are it would be great.
First of all thanks. Now coming to the point of what is missing. Previously i was very happy with my yamaha home theater. And now i also own some very good aheadphones too like sennheiser pxc 550, 1 more tripple. I found them very neutral and balanced if drive by right source. That is perfect sound for me. Very well balanced, neutral, and soothing to ears. That is what i miss in my yamaha now. Now it feels me very bright, sometimes harsh and not musical. Now i m in search for totally neutral, well balanced and perfect timing of beats.
Thats why i am considering for upgrading of speakers.
Current roon size is 14 x 12 foot. But i will change the setup to 10 x 18 foot room. And current distance of front speakers are 6 foot.

If possible it’s better if you can stretch your budget to 40k and get the fyne audio f302 floor standers so that you can get away with the need for a good stand. Also the speaker is very sensitive, it can give you a decent performance with an amp of low power. It’s two way and therefore has only components in the internal crossover board like a bookshelf speaker, which is good thing for the amp you are using.
ok I can consider fyne audio f 302. No problem but i just dont understand that when i search for good bookshelf and floorstanding speaker on different ratings and review sites. Its very rare that i found dali and fyne audio. I find elac, q acoustic, wharfedale etc. And when discussing on forums i was suggested dali and fyne audio for mre than 4-5 times by different persons. My problem is that now my htr and speaker setup feels me too bright and sometimes harsh. I want it more neutral and balanced. So i decided to upgrade it.

ok I can consider fyne audio f 302. No problem but i just dont understand that when i search for good bookshelf and floorstanding speaker on different ratings and review sites. Its very rare that i found dali and fyne audio. I find elac, q acoustic, wharfedale etc. And when discussing on forums i was suggested dali and fyne audio for mre than 4-5 times by different persons. My problem is that now my htr and speaker setup feels me too bright and sometimes harsh. I want it more neutral and balanced. So i decided to upgrade it.
May be it’s an acoustic problem in your room. Do you have lot of windows with no curtains or only thin curtains on? How “empty” is the room? So if that’s the case, upgrading speakers won’t fix it.

May be it’s an acoustic problem in your room. Do you have lot of windows with no curtains or only thin curtains on? How “empty” is the room? So if that’s the case, upgrading speakers won’t fix it.
Room is very airy and lots of windows. But curtains are not thin. More than 60% of area is covered by windows and doors.

More windows = more glass = more reflection! But as long as there are thick curtains it’s not a big problem.
Thanks now i am understanding that how these things affect the sound quality, which i ignore before. I will take care for that. So now again will it be useful to get upgraded speaker like fyne audio f302. Should i go ahead or it will not be beneficial.

Thanks now i am understanding that how these things affect the sound quality, which i ignore before. I will take care for that. So now again will it be useful to get upgraded speaker like fyne audio f302. Should i go ahead or it will not be beneficial.
When you mentioned it’s bright, try rearranging the furniture so that reflections can be reduced. Or try keeping the treble bit down below normal level. I also cannot comment if Yamaha combination would still be bright as I personally have not heard it. I just checked the reviews and sensitivity over the internet and out of the speakers in your budget, it was sensitive to be driven by your amp.

When you mentioned it’s bright, try rearranging the furniture so that reflections can be reduced. Or try keeping the treble bit down below normal level. I also cannot comment if Yamaha combination would still be bright as I personally have not heard it. I just checked the reviews and sensitivity over the internet and out of the speakers in your budget, it was sensitive to be driven by your amp.
Ok thanks. got it

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back