Yamaha 863 for music

hi sands,

You've created quite a stir here.. after reading your concerns on lack of punch and detail..

Hey Bunn,

You got me wrong..... My concerns are ONLY 'lack of punch'. In fact I am enjoying the 'detailed performance' of my yamaha and have no complaints. But as U & many fellow members have already said..'AVR's dont do music very well..'. So I have made the PEACE.

Will add good speakers/sub and enjoy for some time..... May add a seperate integrated amp./power amp at later stage.

Do suggest good sub & speakers.

cheers.

Thanks ashish

So U feel that polk RTI will suit Yamaha. Some members have suggested that with yamaha, they tends to be a bit bright?
Look wise they seems good on their website. However as u say, about adding a sub to complete the frequency range, In that case I may even go for RTi A1or A3 to save cost? How is PSW500? You youself are having RTis.

Yes Yahamas are generally on the bright side but as of now I would not write anything about its mismatch with Polk Rti A series, you always have the choise to audition your intended purchase with your current AVR, so do that and then decide after hearing the same. As far as I remember I bought my Polk Rti Setup after auditioning on a Yahama AVR with Polk RtiA5 and at that time they sounded fantastic to me but lacked a bit on the low end so I ended up buying their step up model i.e Rti A7 which excels in the department of low end as well as overall presentation, but then I also upgraded my AVR too after sometime to blend well with my new purchase.
Yes you could also go in with RTI A3 for around 20K but add to it the cost of stands which if not paired well, could backfire.
I have PSW 600 and its a VFM Movie sub and also very good for a medium to large room.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back