Yamaha A-S1000

stereophile

I'm interested in purchasing the following equipments in Chennai, Can someone tell me where to buy

1. Yamaha A-S 1000
2. Yamaha NS-M 525 Speakers
3. Yamaha CD-S 1000 CD player

:)

Though many people don't seem to like him, Torvin is an authorized retailer of Yamaha equipment. In addition try Decibel and Office 2000.

if ready stock is not available try Sudhin at Pro Musicals. he can place a special order for you and give you good prices also.

Cheers

Hi,
No clue about the speakers but the electronics are beautifully built. I have heard the 2000 combo as the 1000 was not available in Bombay and i did love the cdp.
Its not a popular choice at least in bbay and the current price is on the higher side.
Regards

Hi,
No clue about the speakers but the electronics are beautifully built. I have heard the 2000 combo as the 1000 was not available in Bombay and i did love the cdp.
Its not a popular choice at least in bbay and the current price is on the higher side.
Regards

hi dinyaar,
read a few articles (short ones though) posted by you,u seem to know to be highly knowledgeable.
wondering what kind of music you listen to.
i was looking for a high powered amp like krell or bryston 3B,
wondr if u could help.
i would prefer carefully used second hand equiptment, some second hand stuff owned by parsis are almost like new, as long as it has not been repaired, people are upgrading at times ,

thanks suresh

hi dinyaar,
read a few articles (short ones though) posted by you,u seem to know to be highly knowledgeable.
wondering what kind of music you listen to.
i was looking for a high powered amp like krell or bryston 3B,
wondr if u could help.
i would prefer carefully used second hand equiptment, some second hand stuff owned by parsis are almost like new, as long as it has not been repaired, people are upgrading at times ,

thanks suresh

Thanks Suresh for the kind words. There are lots of guys here who are really very informative and helpful.
I listen to Rock mostly as of now. Lots of western classical and some 80s masala too. Actually i experiment with a lot of music that friends recommend.
Am currently using a bryston BP6/4BSST combo and i like it. Have no intention of changing in the near future.
Have replied on the other thread to u about used brystons. Call Ramesh ASAP. He has a used 4BSST which IMO is the amp to have if u go with Bryston.
Regards

I second dinyaar, the 4bsst is the bryston to have.

Dinyaar when did you upgrade to 4bsst from 3bsst??

Regards.

I second dinyaar, the 4bsst is the bryston to have.

Dinyaar when did you upgrade to 4bsst from 3bsst??

Regards.

Hi Neo,
I got the 4B on 27th of July so its been about a month.
I think Bryston is going through a transition. Small changes are being incorporated in order to get a little more appeal IMO. The feature that caused the headache in my case was the TOUCH MEMBRANE SWITCH. Damn thing would behave erratically and i got fed up with it. Forget 20 years i could not live 20 days with it and replaced the amp with a 4B as soon as i knew that bryston had swapped the silly membrane switch for a conventional power switch.
Regards

Hi Neo,
Well its a "more" neutral presentation. The trebles were a little bit forward in the mix with the 3B but the balance seems a bit more towards center of the frequency spectrum now. Am not in any way saying its night and day but that its noticable. Another thing is the total lack of strain at loud ( what my ears can bear in a small room) volumes as its a big amp. Dynamics were very good with the 3B too and maybe i was stupid to expect a big improvement in that aspect.
Neo i have been listening to music thru various systems for the last 2 decades now and though its not really fair to compare systems in different times and different prices i do feel that this set up of mine is the most neutral/transparent set up i have had. Have heard many set ups with lots of slam but these speakers with the 4 B are very very enjoyable and dig up loads of detail at moderate levels.
Actually i have not heard the set up extensively as i was travelling earlier in the month and have also been a little occupied with setting up a platform for a new venture i am exploring.
So to my amateur audiophile ears my impressions of the Bryston amp are all good 4 now!!!
Regards

May be aft a proper breakin, say more than 200 hrs you'll find some more improvements. I guess you'll like the control & smoothness it'll bring. also the dynamics at lower listening levels.
Power normally corroupts but in audio most of the times it can be a good thing.

All the best.
Cheers.

Hi again,
I am not much of a believer in break in theory in solid state gear. The amp must have played for a good 50 hours or so and IMO this is what it will sound like from now on.
Regarding more power i believe its always a good thing as far as solid state amplification goes. Its not that the bigger(in this case double the power) will play much louder but that it plays much cleaner for much longer as u increase the volume. There is a sense of effortlessness with a bigger amp as it handles the load the speaker presents very easily.
Anyway the 3B is also a cracking amp and if its a neutal/transparent/accurate sound one is after a bryston is a great amp to try IMO. It would really sell If they could price it sensibly.
Regards

Last edited:
Strange but i've always exp change in sound. In fact i'm of the belief & some may find it strange or funny that sound changes with temp, humidity etc.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back