Yamaha A-S501

Amitkg

Hi Friends,
Any news of Yamaha India launching Yamaha A-S301, A-S501, A-S701? What is the price(s) gonna be ? Wish, Yamaha India, doesn't put unreasonable premium on the price of this new range. Reasonable pricing can give serious head-ache to Marantz, Denon, CA.

Hi Friends,
Any news of Yamaha India launching Yamaha A-S301, A-S501, A-S701? What is the price(s) gonna be ? Wish, Yamaha India, doesn't put unreasonable premium on the price of this new range. Reasonable pricing can give serious head-ache to Marantz, Denon, CA.
What about the reviews ?
Any idea about how good are they.?

Going by What Hi-Fi reports, it looks like they should be good.
An excerpt :

"...The DAC used in the A-S501 may possibly be a SABRE.
The A-S500 is a brilliant amplifier. I must say that I am really impressed by this machine and its clarity. I am not sure the A-S501 is worth the price difference.
You are correct, the A-S500 has no DAC and threfore no coaxial or USB inputs......."

Chances are that it is at least as good as the A-S500! Prices were not mentioned !
The Indian street price for the 500 was about Rs 21K a couple of years ago. So maybe this one is under Rs 30K ? It has an inbuilt DAC.

Last edited:
Hi
I was keen on checking out AS 501 too but was told it would be a while before its available here in India. Was wanting to go for the AS 500 to pair it with Jamp C607 tower speakers.
However, many say that the marantz 6005 is a better amp..my only apprehension that the 6005 is 45W pc. Any suggestions of good stereo amps?
Thanks

If you like a more bright sound, with great orizontal dispersion, go for Yam;
if you want more robust, liquid and dark sound, Marantz seems more powerful than 85 W' ish Yam as 500.

I checked out the Arcam A19 amp. Planning to pair it with Monitor Audio BX6. Would appreciate any feedback/views on either.
Thanks!

Hi
I was keen on checking out AS 501 too but was told it would be a while before its available here in India. Was wanting to go for the AS 500 to pair it with Jamp C607 tower speakers.
However, many say that the marantz 6005 is a better amp..my only apprehension that the 6005 is 45W pc. Any suggestions of good stereo amps?
Thanks

Marantz PM-8005 with price tag of Rs89000/-. It is a very good, 'made in Japan' product. And If you don't wanna spend Rs89k for amp go for Yamaha A-S500, bargain hard, you'll get it for less than 30K and then pair it with warm-sounding FS and see the magic.:clapping::clapping:

the arcam a19 is a good amp.

try pairing it with a dali ikon 2 or dali ikon 6 or maybe the zensor 3.

your ears... your judgment..

have fun !

regards
mpw

The a-s801 uses Sabre ES9010K2M that I know for sure. Its on the Yamaha website itself. but they dont mention anything about the dac in any other model. There is speculation that they might have just used lower(but still excellent) dacs from the same manufacturer, but like I said its just speculation. I was hoping to find a definite answer to my query. I am sure there must be some dealer or owner or service center tech who can tell this. If anyone can get their hands on the service manuals for these that could also provide a lot of info.

If it is really the PCM5102 then thats a bummer. Its really just an average dac. nothing to write home about. Too bad they couldn't do better for an amp that pulled its own weight.

Any idea about when would it be available in India.?

Possibility is less for its availability in India. The another top end model A-S3000 too was not released in India.
They (Yamaha) are very happy in selling Yamaha A-S500 in India because it is the most selling Yamaha product that's why this model is still in production and discontinued all the other models (A-S700, 1000, 2000) and launched RS series here.

You can import it from UK.

Possibility is less for its availability in India. The another top end model A-S3000 too was not released in India.
They (Yamaha) are very happy in selling Yamaha A-S500 in India because it is the most selling Yamaha product that's why this model is still in production and discontinued all the other models (A-S700, 1000, 2000) and launched RS series here.

You can import it from UK.

Oh oh :(
That's not good.

Now way that I'm gonna import something from UK :p

Back