Yamaha Aventage RX -A1070

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Yes u r right! I won't bet on mywsdf also haha I'm looking to upgrade to a 1 lac floorstanders quite seriously, so if anyone wants my bookshelves and stands connect with me haha

Eddie thanks a lot for coming over as always. The neat lil trick with the tone and the enhancer is working great buddy! Super thanks!

Welcome Bro......enjoy......with the little adjustments everyday....would suggest you use the Bookshelf for another 2/3 months then decide if you really need floorstanders....

The marantz was very smooth sounding very natural. No effort. I think the Yamaha is very new, and feels lot powerful. Plus the video processing is very very up to date! Getting used to the yamaha will take a lil while. There is too much detail and extra information for me to filter!
Cool. Never heard the yamys aventage series. But in my opinion.. Marantz sounds so natural.

Agree with Kaptan.....Marantz is Marantz.....tried to tweak the Yamaha to sound as close as possible to a Marantz.....atleast 60-80% achieved....

Great, done that today, results were slightly different. Seems like an improvement in the center channel for sure.
did you experiment pairing with emotiva poweramp and then directly yamaha without emotiva, ?

in your opinion which is sounds good in stereo mode..?

I did not have time honestly to do a with and without Emotiva. Cause anyways I would be using the power amp so didn’t feel the need to experiment.

A Marantz is a Marantz yes. Smooth sounding. But this Yamaha has poise. I can really open up the volume comfortably and it doesn’t even break a sweat.

Eddie, I put the sub in the other corner just for trying it. And then ran YPAO. It sounds better this way. The sub seems more integrated with the system than isolated. Have kept the tone controls on like u had set.

Next month, SVS sub :D

Hi Derek,

Great! As long as it sounds better and it not coming in anyones way...why not!

Yeah SVS sub....that will be my excuse to come n visit you..... :)

did you experiment pairing with emotiva poweramp and then directly yamaha without emotiva, ?

in your opinion which is sounds good in stereo mode..?
I have tried that in my setup, with Marantz 7010 and Schiit Vidar power amp, since Schiit being 100Wpc and Marantz is 125Wpc 2Ch driven ; the difference wasn't much. I liked addition of Power Amp for 2 ch music listening, but for movies the difference was barely audible.

Interestingly Marantz did not apply Audessey settings for front channels whenever it was calibrated with power amp!
Even many settings of Dynastic EQ were not available when power amp was used. I just dropped the power amp from the chain and I'm using Marantz only for movies.

I have tried that in my setup, with Marantz 7010 and Schiit Vidar power amp, since Schiit being 100Wpc and Marantz is 125Wpc 2Ch driven ; the difference wasn't much. I liked addition of Power Amp for 2 ch music listening, but for movies the difference was barely audible.

Interestingly Marantz did not apply Audessey settings for front channels whenever it was calibrated with power amp!
Even many settings of Dynastic EQ were not available when power amp was used. I just dropped the power amp from the chain and I'm using Marantz only for movies.
That is interesting. So i suppose audessy thinks the front speakers are not connected, and calibrates the only ones that are. Wonder if YPAO does the same thing.

@drkrack karthik, it was lovely speaking with you. Hopefully we'll catch up sometime sooner rather than later! :)

Uday, I ran the YPAO with the power amp connected. It ran it perfectly. Only think was that the tone levels were slightly higher as well. But I ran and re-ran it 3 times and all three times it gave me nearly the same readings.

Uday, I ran the YPAO with the power amp connected. It ran it perfectly. Only think was that the tone levels were slightly higher as well. But I ran and re-ran it 3 times and all three times it gave me nearly the same readings.
Hah...Yamaha has an edge over Marantz....LOL!!!:p:p:p

Haha no yaar. Both are different. I'm getting used to it now slowly. Does the amp take some time to burn in or is it a myth?

Haha no yaar. Both are different. I'm getting used to it now slowly. Does the amp take some time to burn in or is it a myth?
Well some say it's a myth, as others say we simply get used to the sound....take your pick.

I honestly feel sometimes it's like a placebo effect. We hear what we want to hear. Having said that, my amp and tv runs for about 6 hours a day. So I'm going to get super fast burn in! ;)

Hmm that's interesting. I did not see that happen when I used a nad amp with my marantz nr series as both a power amp as well as integrated. As long as the mic hears the pink noise, it should not matter whether the speakers are directly connected or via a Poweramp. Could it be audyssey version dependent?

MaSh

You really need a poweramp? as your 7010 avr is very powerful and capable ,categorised in Marantz highend avrs...any specific reason for adding power amp to 7010 avr?

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back