Yamaha BD A1040 bluray player

Fantastic

Anyone come across the Yamaha BD A1040 bluray player? Seems like a no frills player. Does have wi-fi . Listed at S$599 in Singapore. Don't seem to be listed in India yet. Claimed to be designed for the videophile and audiophile. Has only one HDMI output.Has analog stereo RCA and digital outputs.

I decided to buy the unit. It does look very simplistic. Nice ! Very small and light. About 4 Kg with the shipping carton.
Out of the box sound is very good. Will need to compare with the Oppo BDP93 after a few days.
However it does look like Yamaha did design it for the 'audiophile' as the blurb claims. I noticed that Yamaha.in does not have this model in it's India line up.

They claim great video too, but never got round to check that. Too many things to catch up on at the moment.

The OPPO103 costs US$499/-. I paid US$ 370 .
Out of the box the sound is smoother and deeper than the OPPO93 ! But a lot depends on level etc. So until I run it in and do a level matched test I can't say what the difference really is.
The Marantz UD7007 was S$ 989 (US$703) and the competition for that was the OPPO 105d. The 105D was priced S$1989 ( US$1,413).
The shipping weight of the UD7007 was about 11Kg !
Less expensive bluray players were mostly similar to Indian prices !

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back