Yamaha CDC-745 CD Player Query

Black_Hawk

Hello folks,

I'm know someone selling a Yamaha CD Player (Model No: CDC 745). The unit is a 5-CD Changer (Multi-play). It's in good physical condition and working without issues. He is quoting 6.5k

More specs/ details about the model can be found here if anyone wants to have a look: Yamaha CDC-745 - Stereo Compact Disc Player (1994)

I recently bought a Yamaha double Cassette Player and the unit is so well built that I'm thinking about picking this CDP up as well thus establishing a mini retro rack system. FMs please do share your thoughts.

Stay Safe & Regards.

If the pickup lens can be easily replaced economically then for the quoted price it’s a no brainer.

Thank-you for your reply.

I have been searching on the internet for Yamaha CDC 745 lens but not getting any site that has them for sale. This is what is worrying me.

P.S. I notice in your signature that you have a Marantz CD5005. How long have you had it and have you faced any issues with it like lens problems or CD's not being read? Kindly share your thoughts regarding the CD5005.

Thank-you for your reply.

I have been searching on the internet for Yamaha CDC 745 lens but not getting any site that has them for sale. This is what is worrying me.

P.S. I notice in your signature that you have a Marantz CD5005. How long have you had it and have you faced any issues with it like lens problems or CD's not being read? Kindly share your thoughts regarding the CD5005.
Yes , there are skipping issues , although rare , with my Marantz CDP, even on new CDs. This started since last 1.5 years , and I bought it new approx 5 years back.
So I have a NAD and a Denon broadcasting series CDP now. NAD is the sweetest sounding of the lot , bought used from a FM here recently.Both of them play CDs absolutely fine without any skipping.
If you want I can DM you a technician’s number who can confirm if the lens can be replaced for your Yamaha.

Yes , there are skipping issues , although rare , with my Marantz CDP, even on new CDs. This started since last 1.5 years , and I bought it new approx 5 years back.
So I have a NAD and a Denon broadcasting series CDP now. NAD is the sweetest sounding of the lot , bought used from a FM here recently.Both of them play CDs absolutely fine without any skipping.
If you want I can DM you a technician’s number who can confirm if the lens can be replaced for your Yamaha.

Thanks, I have sent you a PM. Kindly check. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back