Yamaha HTR 2067 or Harman Kardon AVR 70 with JBL Cinema 300 ??

Hi...
Before 2months I got this Denon X510BT with Sys 5.1speakers for 45k from ht store, bangalore in which AVR cost is 32K. You could contact them for price and even they can arrange for delivery to ur city.

Telling this just for your info.

Hmmm review about this AVR then? :p

If you are willing to spend extra on x510 then it would be great. I got a quote of 30k in mumbai-fairdeal electronics. 32k doesn't seem like a bad price though. I got my avr-x500 for 22k from the same dealer. Had an audition of JBL Cinema 610+pioneer vsx-523-k. I was not actually quite impressed by it. Was very harsh to my ears. Then visited profx for a demo. With limited budget i went for a demo for polk rm6750. Was impressed by the way it delivered the movie tracks. It had all effects without sounding harsh to my ears. The only disappointment was the subwoofer which came along with this. Asked to swap with polk psw110 and the package was superb sounding then. Would recommend you also audition BA soundware xs 5.1+Denon/Marantz as they pair well. Check with marantz for their price in your city. I got NR1504 for 32k again from same dealer. Must take multiple auditions before finallizing on the package. Hear some speakers which are even a little higher in cost. This way you would know what sound you can expect by increasing your budget and how much difference it would make if you compare it with the one you are buying. If you dont want to get into much hassles and want a good package would recommend you get the JBL+Denon Combo. As for demo it may be a little difficult to find one with denon avr. If possible please demo any package you like to buy as auditioning is the key to buying good set of speakers. If you are satisfied with the speakers then go ahead or else its a strict no!!!;)

i would concur with rayvonnee.

ask the same dealer if he could arrange a demo of denon x510bt and marantz nr1504 with BA XS5.1 as well as with JBL C 300. the marantz nr1504 was available in an offer last year with BA XS5.1 and an LG 3D BDP for 52-54k at Reliance outlets. some denon and marantz AVRs are being sold as combo with BA XS5.1, and some members here have them. it would be critical for you to compare the JBL speakers and BA XS side-by-side using the same source one-by-one (denon and marantz AVR, or whichever is available among the two, but no other).

if nr1504 is also available for ~32k, then it could be a better deal.

P.S. - did you have an audition of HK AVR-70 + JBL C 300 earlier?!

If you are willing to spend extra on x510 then it would be great. I got a quote of 30k in mumbai-fairdeal electronics. 32k doesn't seem like a bad price though. I got my avr-x500 for 22k from the same dealer. Had an audition of JBL Cinema 610+pioneer vsx-523-k. I was not actually quite impressed by it. Was very harsh to my ears. Then visited profx for a demo. With limited budget i went for a demo for polk rm6750. Was impressed by the way it delivered the movie tracks. It had all effects without sounding harsh to my ears. The only disappointment was the subwoofer which came along with this. Asked to swap with polk psw110 and the package was superb sounding then..........

where would you place a combo of pioneer vsx-823k with jbl c 300 (bright combo?!), and the same avr with ba xs 5.1, as compared with the denon/marantz avr just mentioned? the denon/marantz combo would be better?!

If you are willing to spend extra on x510 then it would be great. I got a quote of 30k in mumbai-fairdeal electronics. 32k doesn't seem like a bad price though. I got my avr-x500 for 22k from the same dealer. Had an audition of JBL Cinema 610+pioneer vsx-523-k. I was not actually quite impressed by it. Was very harsh to my ears. Then visited profx for a demo. With limited budget i went for a demo for polk rm6750. Was impressed by the way it delivered the movie tracks. It had all effects without sounding harsh to my ears. The only disappointment was the subwoofer which came along with this. Asked to swap with polk psw110 and the package was superb sounding then. Would recommend you also audition BA soundware xs 5.1+Denon/Marantz as they pair well. Check with marantz for their price in your city. I got NR1504 for 32k again from same dealer. Must take multiple auditions before finallizing on the package. Hear some speakers which are even a little higher in cost. This way you would know what sound you can expect by increasing your budget and how much difference it would make if you compare it with the one you are buying. If you dont want to get into much hassles and want a good package would recommend you get the JBL+Denon Combo. As for demo it may be a little difficult to find one with denon avr. If possible please demo any package you like to buy as auditioning is the key to buying good set of speakers. If you are satisfied with the speakers then go ahead or else its a strict no!!!;)

Hmmm thanks, and yeah i auditioned a few here in my town and pioneer + Boston combo was really harsh so i didnt like it. Yamaha 2067 + JBL Cinema 300 were better and depth was there. But this avr lacked HD decoding so wanted something better and decided on Denon for the avr as from the reviews and all Denon Avr are preferred then yamaha. But no one have Denon avr on demo and is there much difference between denon x500 and x510??

i would concur with rayvonnee.

ask the same dealer if he could arrange a demo of denon x510bt and marantz nr1504 with BA XS5.1 as well as with JBL C 300. the marantz nr1504 was available in an offer last year with BA XS5.1 and an LG 3D BDP for 52-54k at Reliance outlets. some denon and marantz AVRs are being sold as combo with BA XS5.1, and some members here have them. it would be critical for you to compare the JBL speakers and BA XS side-by-side using the same source one-by-one (denon and marantz AVR, or whichever is available among the two, but no other).

if nr1504 is also available for ~32k, then it could be a better deal.

P.S. - did you have an audition of HK AVR-70 + JBL C 300 earlier?!

Yeah HK AVR 70 + JBL C 300 > Yamaha 2067 + jbl c 300 > pioneer + boston xs 5.1

hmm. for the harshness, i would be eager to pin the blame on the pioneer avr than the speakers themselves. it would be good to combine the same speakers with the denon/marantz avr this time, provided, you find them somewhere for a demo. hope some member from Chandigarh could assist you in this.

I would really not recommend hk avr as ive heard of service issues with them. Denon seems really fine. No reason to not choose denon. Denon X500 is just a basic avr. Does not even have a USB port. Its just a basic one with little to no features thougb supports hd audio decoding. The power rating is same for both x510bt as well as x510. The plus points of x510bt are: 5.2 reciever, bluetooth, usb, 4k passthrough, auto eq aka. AUDYSSEY.You need to check if all these are important features to you. If not go for x500. I had a pc alongside so did not worry about much features. Also by doing this i could extend my budget for speakers, as speakers will really make an audible difference

I would really not recommend hk avr as ive heard of service issues with them. Denon seems really fine. No reason to not choose denon. Denon X500 is just a basic avr. Does not even have a USB port. Its just a basic one with little to no features thougb supports hd audio decoding. The power rating is same for both x510bt as well as x510. The plus points of x510bt are: 5.2 reciever, bluetooth, usb, 4k passthrough, auto eq aka. AUDYSSEY.You need to check if all these are important features to you. If not go for x500. I had a pc alongside so did not worry about much features. Also by doing this i could extend my budget for speakers, as speakers will really make an audible difference

I am gonna use it with my gaming PC only, so you mean even x500 is alot for jbl cinema 300?? And which AVR in yamaha is equal to x500 or better?? As yamaha is easily available here whereas for denon i need to go to another city to buy.

Hmmm Ok final shortlisted Avrs with JBL Cinema 300:

1. Denon X500 @26K
2. Yamaha RXV 475 (discontinued and price not confirmed, but 1 pc available with yamaha dealer)
3. Yamaha RXV 477 @ 40K

Wifi, Bluetooth etc features not my priority, all i need is Best sound quality and as my budget is around 30K i can extend it to 35K If i am getting really really good sound quality difference. So Is yamaha 477 worth the price difference if i skip denon x500 for 26K? And if Yamaha 475 is available around 35K is that better option considering the sound quality?

@Get2Ricky, I have also concluded with Yamaha RXV477. But paired with pioneer AJ-5235XT speaker package. Both are ordered and waiting for delivery by next week :)

AJ is 39K in snapdeal, I have ordered this along with yammie in snapdeal.. I believe there will not be any issues till warranty period. if something, will have to service it under non-warranty :(

All i would say is you are buying an amp which would be costlier or somewhat the same price as your speakers. Would Still Recommend you pick up a basic avr and throw the extra cash on speakers. However If i were to choose the JBL Cinema 300, i would pair it with denon x510bt or yamaha rx-377. Would not exceed more than.

Thats the good choice @rayvonnee... I was also in a consideration to go with RXV377/477 and polk audio Tsx220t, Tsx250C and Tsx110B without SW.

But post auditioned, have changed my mind to AJ package. Polk was mind blowing but, IMO it was not worth for money (36K / pair). One of my friend is having SP-FS22 for last 2 years, it shines well and produces smooth sound. That's the reason I have opted for it!

All i would say is you are buying an amp which would be costlier or somewhat the same price as your speakers. Would Still Recommend you pick up a basic avr and throw the extra cash on speakers. However If i were to choose the JBL Cinema 300, i would pair it with denon x510bt or yamaha rx-377. Would not exceed more than.

If i get Yamaha RX V475 for 35K would it be a good option for jbl c 300??

AJ is 39K in snapdeal, I have ordered this along with yammie in snapdeal.. I believe there will not be any issues till warranty period. if something, will have to service it under non-warranty :(

Snapdeal?? Isnt it risky? Refurbished, no warranty and all that? :O

Back