Yamaha NSP51 review

mentis101

i am thinking to buy yamaha nsp51 for my home theater setup. my budget is around 15k. this nsp51 includes two surround and a center speaker. my question is what if i use it as front left and right speaker instead of surround? is there any sound quality degradation will be there? as it is surround speaker.

If planning to use as Front speakers there will be some difference in expected quality of sound....you may lose out on low and certain mid frequencies....better to check all other available models and different brands.....

If budget is a challenge, look at pre owned stuff available under For Sale by Owner or OLX....audition and then purchase please!

my question is what if i use it as front left and right speaker instead of surround? is there any sound quality degradation will be there? as it is surround speaker.

You can comfortably use them as front left & right speakers since you would anyways use a 80Hz crossover in AVR for surrounds.. No worries there..

@irv How are lx2 speakers? For 15k, they seem to be decent enough. If my budget is 20-25k, do you think I can give them a try or are there other great options within this range? Also, whatever BS i will be buying now, they will move to rear in an year or two. For now they will act as a FL/R replacement on my YHT1840. My room size is 18x11, and I haven’t developed an audiophile ears yet
Thank you in advance.

@irv How are lx2 speakers? For 15k, they seem to be decent enough. If my budget is 20-25k, do you think I can give them a try or are there other great options within this range? Also, whatever BS i will be buying now, they will move to rear in an year or two. For now they will act as a FL/R replacement on my YHT1840. My room size is 18x11, and I haven’t developed an audiophile ears yet
Thank you in advance.
You cannot go wrong with the lx2 .They are very good as FL/R and can be moved to rear surround duties as well. If you have a budget of 25k then the best option would be Q Acoustics 3020i, more musical, richer and engaging. It was available at Amazon for 25k. Check them out, also hifimart. Since you are planning to move the speakers to rear lx2 will make more sense as you can save around 10k which can be utilized for better components when you upgrade. Lx2s will not disappoint you.

You cannot go wrong with the lx2 .They are very good as FL/R and can be moved to rear surround duties as well. If you have a budget of 25k then the best option would be Q Acoustics 3020i, more musical, richer and engaging. It was available at Amazon for 25k. Check them out, also hifimart. Since you are planning to move the speakers to rear lx2 will make more sense as you can save around 10k which can be utilized for better components when you upgrade. Lx2s will not disappoint you.

Thank you for clearing out the doubt.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back