Yamaha RX-V373

Consider Boston Acoustics A 26, What Hi-Fi has very good review

Yes, i saw they rate it 5 star along with Tannoy Mercury V1.

However, Tannoy is cheaper than A26 :)

What about Monitor Audio MR2 and BR1 are they any good compared to others on Yamaha ?

Also, can you clarify a bit on impedance matching ? Should i look for exact impedance matching or i can buy speakers which are rated higher than the amp ?

Is there a difference between the Rx-v373 and the HTR 3065 ? The HTR 3065 is sold as a part of the YHT-298 home theatre package (with 5.1 NS-P20 speakers)...

@AMB, the NS-P40 speaker set is costing 21k in Delhi....where did you get it for 8 k ?

Finally ended up buying the JBL combination of 4 Control One, 1 Control Now and 1 140P Sub speakers, to connect to my Yamaha Rx-V373.
Am happy with the end result.....thanks to one and all, for all the valuable inputs provided to me over the last several weeks, which helped me in zeroing down on my home theatre system.

Hi,

Need inputs from the 373 and 473 users.

Will there be any significant difference in SQ between 373 and 473?
Looking at the specs 473 is 373 + airplay and networking . Power rating is almost same. Price of 473 is 10k more than 373.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi,

Need inputs from the 373 and 473 users.

Will there be any significant difference in SQ between 373 and 473?
Looking at the specs 473 is 373 + airplay and networking . Power rating is almost same. Price of 473 is 10k more than 373.

Thanks,
Sunil

The sound signature will be the same. +/-10W does not matter so much. But if you find that network feature will be of useful to you then you can go for 473. Its the MRP price which has 10K difference between them but if you bargain then you can get 373 in 25K and 473 in as less as 31K as well (all depends upon your bargaining skill).

In my case I found network feature quite handy as I generally listen to music on my iphone/android device where airplay comes into picture.

Completely agree with bpranay. I recently did a lot of research on 373 and 473. If you're going to use the airplay / networking feature, then go for the 473 ; otherwise, 373 is the one that you should go for...it has been ranked as the "best value for money" in its category (sub 30k INR)....I got one for 26k 3 weeks back.

I had auditioned the 473 for its flac play, ipod connection etc. Detecting flacs on a usb was a pain with the 473. Also the ipod connects to the AVR but the screen blanks out- so you are left with the on screen menu of the 473 to navigate. In terms of sound its great for movies but mediocre for 2 channel music.
You could be better off with a digital dock such as the Pure i20 for ipod connected to a stereo set up.

Finally ended up buying the JBL combination of 4 Control One, 1 Control Now and 1 140P Sub speakers, to connect to my Yamaha Rx-V373.
Am happy with the end result.....thanks to one and all, for all the valuable inputs provided to me over the last several weeks, which helped me in zeroing down on my home theatre system.

can u indicate the cost of the speakers separately and where did u buy them in delhi? also the dealer of Yamaha 373 ?

I got the Yamaha from Rhythm Corner, South Ex-II.
Speakers costed the following : Contol One at 8k per pair, Control Now is 12k a piece, and the Sub 140P comes at 17.5k.
Bought from Resonance Audio, Shankar Road, Old Rajinder Nagar. Do you need the contact details ?

Hi Santanu

I am also planning to but speakers (5.1) for my yamaha avr-x573, can you suggest how satisfied are you with your JBL + yamaha set up? Somehow I find JBL to be slightly expensive, are they worth the price?
Also the price you have qouted is exactly what is qouted on JBL website. I thought there would have been a bargain on that price, was it not the case?

Kindly share your experience

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back