Yamaha RX-V375 HDMI problem with HTPC

terence_fdes

I am having a problem with the HDMI output from my PC > Yamaha RX-V375 AVR (input) > LG 47" LED (final output)

The HDMI output from PC is through the Graphics Card - Asus GTX 660 Ti Top Edition..... (prior to getting the Yamaha AVR - this HDMI was directly connected to the LG TV & permanently fixed & there were no passthrough problems)

I cannot keep the HDMI cable permanently fixed. If the Yamaha & LG-TV is switched off then my PC screen goes blank (only wallpaper is visible with no desktop icons or control of my PC). To again get control of my PC - I need to disconnect the HDMI cable.

I use MPC-HC x64 player to watch all my 1080p movies or VLC.

There are no drivers available for the Yamaha RX-V375 AVR for Windows 7 (dunno if this is important ..... coz with my earlier connection - HTPC > LG-TV ........ the LG-TV audio output was identified in MPC - Output Options)

And lastly - I need to solve this issue because at long last I have now got a decent Home Theatre - Wharfedale Speakers - Moviestar 65+ 5.1 speakers.

My PC is 3770K & desktop monitor is a Dell 23"

Thanks

Terry

I cannot keep the HDMI cable permanently fixed. If the Yamaha & LG-TV is switched off then my PC screen goes blank (only wallpaper is visible with no desktop icons or control of my PC). To again get control of my PC - I need to disconnect the HDMI cable.
In ATI card,there is option to make change of Primary Display.By default AVR/TV is selected as Primary Display and all Desktop icons goes to TV.
So make PC monitor as Primary from your graphic settings and it should work like mine.

Hello pal,
i recently bought my yamaha rx v375 from US purchased on amazon.com. i'm confused whether the rx v375 has a dual voltage switch or do i need a step up voltage converter to witch it on. hope you can help me with this

Hello pal,
i recently bought my yamaha rx v375 from US purchased on amazon.com. i'm confused whether the rx v375 has a dual voltage switch or do i need a step up voltage converter to witch it on. hope you can help me with this

It should be written on the backside of the amplifier near the power socket the voltage required or else check the manual that was supplied. Most probably it would require the US voltage of 110v.

i checked it and it was written as 120v so i got a voltage converter and connected it to it but it is still not switching on, do you have any clue what might be the prob?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back