Yamaha RX-V485 with Elac Cinema 5 speakers

I see that this AVR supports wireless surrounds, the music cast 20. Is that recommended? Wireless surrounds would save a lot of hassles with a traditional home theater system.

All of us here will have different opinions about different brands and you will get feedback based on personal experience with a particular brand. Like most of them mentioned here both has its own strengths and weaknesses so audition both and see what you like with the speakers you are willing to invest in and go for it.
End of the day you need to be satisfied with it.
Dealers try to push the product they have in stock and not many dealers will advise what suits you. So auditioning is the key.
From what I have experienced, even I started of with an entry level AVR but very soon the upgrade bug bites and then you will start thinking of an upgrade.
So if you are a person who will crave for more then my suggestion is take it slow.
Speakers and AVR’s both play a equal roles when it comes to sound. So you can either invest on a Good Speaker to start off and invest less on a AVR or vice versa. That way when you are up for an upgrade you would not loose much money.
Think well and invest. Even if you want to start off with a Good 2.0 it makes a lot of sense.

If you ask around, there are a lot of FM’s here with immense knowledge who have started off with a good 2.0 and later upgraded so think on those lines as well.

All the best!
Som
Well said!!

I see that this AVR supports wireless surrounds, the music cast 20. Is that recommended? Wireless surrounds would save a lot of hassles with a traditional home theater system.
I think you are referring to MusicCast speaker and I think they are costly for a pair.

Yea, around 40k for the pair. Any other AVRs have better value wireless rears?
With my minimal knowledge on HT , I don't think any other AVR support MusicCast, but I may be wrong.

But, I have come across like this, but of course a costly solution. But, if purchased in US, a pair for 2 speakers might cost 200$. But, of course speakers need to powered one.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back