Yamaha RX-V667 AVR for 29.5 k in Mumbai !! Is it a good price?

Just got the pricing from the dealer. Pasting it here...

" Here is the pricing you requested in Bulk sale. Sorry I do not deal with NAD so I did not provide any pricing for those receivers.

Onkyo TX-NR609- Rs 34,700

Onkyo TX-SR608: Rs 29,910

Onkyo TX-NR1009: Rs 72,900

Onkyo TX-NR808 : Rs 61,890

Denon AVR-3312: Rs 64,900

Marantz SR6004: Rs 49,910

Marantz AV7005: Rs 74,900

Onkyo TX-NR 3008: Rs 89,890

Yamaha RX-A3000 Rs 81,700

Yamaha RX-A1000: Rs 64,860

Yamaha RX-V671 Rs. 35,910

Approximately delivery date will be a month after its ordered. Bill and warranty will both be provided by my company and all receivers come with a 1 year warranty. You do require a step-down transformer for almost all of these receivers. We sell them for Rs. 1500 or the customer is free to buy one from somewhere else if they feel but they will require atleast a 500 Watt to 1000 Watt step down converter. We can ship anywhere in India or anywhere globally actually. The customer is responsible for shipping charges and we can provide them an exact quote for shipping once they provide us with an exact address for shipment".

That was hi mail guys and what i am really excited abt is the pricing for the Yamaha RX-V671 Rs. 35,910

Now I am really confused btwn buying this one or the 667 !! But then its a happy confusion... !! :) :)

what do you guys think wd be preferable?

Bill and warranty will both be provided by my company and all receivers come with a 1 year warranty. You do require a step-down transformer for almost all of these receivers.

So these are all imports then :( I am out of this group buy! I would have considered it if the seller was from Bangalore itself!

Folks am trying to either get the prices lowered further or get the Stepdown converter in this price. Hope to pull it off ... !

I just hope the dealer dsnt freak out when I request him for a further discount after all he has the lowest prices that I have seen for these models in India..lekin kya karen we Indians love to bargain :p

U can always buy import items by Ebay global easy buy or SnS. The pricing is also more or less the same.

If the items offered are 220v items then only this group buy makes sense.

Last edited:
Folks here is a news that shd potentially be a blockbuster. I have managed to extract the lowest price possible on AVRs and I dont think we can get such a deal anywhere in India. I have checked online prices- global ebay and also the Borderlinx option but these prices are unmatched. The additional advatnage of buying in India wd be the one year warranty provided by the dealer.

Now for an even better news : We are no longer required to stick to just Yamaha for the group buy and we can chose any make for the group buy to work.Here is the new price list as long as we buy at least 10 Recievers from him. Oh btw in case we manage to end up with 20 I was promised that he wd bring down the prices a bit lower than this too. Please lemme know who amongst us are on for this asap.

Yamaha RX-V467: Rs 19,990

Yamaha RX-V667: Rs 27,990

Yamaha RX-V671: Rs 33,960

Yamaha RX-V1067 - Discontinued

Yamaha RX-A1000: Rs 64,746

Yamaha RX-V3067 - Discontinued

Yamaha RX-A3000 : Rs79,890

Onkyo TX-SR608: Rs 28,965

Onkyo TX-NR609- Rs 32,965

Onkyo TX-NR808 : Rs 61,700

Onkyo TX-NR1009: Rs 71,830

Onkyo TX-NR 3008: Rs 89,830

Denon AVR-1911 - Rs 33,750

Denon AVR-3312: Rs 62,750

Marantz SR6004: Rs 49,910

Marantz AV7005: Rs 74,510

Pioneer VSX-1020-K : Rs 30,850

Guys let me know if you want some other Model to be added to this Groupbuy and I wd get a quote if its available with him.

Cheers !

Last edited:
@krishnenduk : These receivers wd need a step down converter that the dealer is providing for 1.5 k. Even when we add the price of the converter to these prices these prices are still lower than online prices on any site and as I said the major advantage is the warranty provided by the dealer. I wd prefer to have peace of mind knowing that in case anything goes wrong I have the dealer to fix it but in online option I wd be all alone and god knows how much I wd end up spending on getting the receiver serviced.

i was asking the moderators to delete my post no # 28 as i found the answer to my question in earlier posts.

was trying to find out if the AVRs were 110 or 220 but re-read the thread and got the info which you had posted earlier.

Last edited:
@ rana_kirti: No probs mate :) Hope you liked the pricing of the 3008. Cheers !

@krishnenduk : These receivers wd need a step down converter that the dealer is providing for 1.5 k. Even when we add the price of the converter to these prices these prices are still lower than online prices on any site and as I said the major advantage is the warranty provided by the dealer. I wd prefer to have peace of mind knowing that in case anything goes wrong I have the dealer to fix it but in online option I wd be all alone and god knows how much I wd end up spending on getting the receiver serviced.

Okai.. I agree that its nice to have a dealer warranty comparing to getting the receiver by other means which doesnt provide warranty.. :)

But the problem for the group buy is only mumbains can avail the warranty as, it is provided by the dealer..

Anyway nice initiative Bro.. All the mumbains who r planning to buy from GEB or SnS can avail this offer by OP.

Hi I am new around here. My friend pointed to this GO and wanted to make some inquiries. Firstly is this GO is active?

If it is, he is looking to buy a Yamaha RX-V671. He doesn't live in Mumbai however having the receiver collected and shipped from Mumbai to Bangalore is the least of his concerns.

Please let us know the current status. If the GO is over, could we get the details of the dealer who was willing to import these and provide warranty?

I guess everything listed on this site is imported from the US and will have 110 v power input. Also if I am not wrong the warranty will be provided by the dealer and not the official India unit of the brand.

still the prices are quite competitive and may be with little bargaining we can get better prices. Great for group buy deals too instead of ordering from GEB/SYW/20North etc.

Thanks nindo,but cant read the attachment.Can you link it with imageshack so that it can be visible?

Price gained,do they change everyday?Price of Yamaha 667 was Rs.21500 yesterday.

My guess is the pricing will change with the change in INR to USD exchange rate. Unfortunately INR is losing ground almost everyday :sad: against euro and USD..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back