Yamaha RXV -373

subbubusk

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to get yamaha RXV-373 avr . Is it good? As i'm in a tight budget,already spent more on tv and bdp, i'm planning for unbranded redpower 5.1 speakers .Is yamaha rxv-373 blends with unbranded speakers well or not?Gurus help me out?

yamaha RXV-373 avr is best entry level budget AVR out there. But you need to get good speakers to do justice to Yamaha. Unbranded speakers may not be able to get the juice out of AVR. Get branded ones or DIY.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I'm planning to get yamaha RXV-373 avr . Is it good? As i'm in a tight budget,already spent more on tv and bdp, i'm planning for unbranded redpower 5.1 speakers .Is yamaha rxv-373 blends with unbranded speakers well or not?Gurus help me out?

As suggested in previous post 373 is one of the best entry level AVR. Many of the FMs who own this are happy. There are threads discussing the speaker selection. Please check.
Connecting unknown brands without specs can even damage the amplifier.
So be careful as it will be new AVR.

Yamaha india website is updated with RX-V375( 2013 model) I would suggest to go for that if price difference is not much as it has discrete amp similar to 473 and higher models.

I have bought 373 few days back. I am yet to get a fresh fronts and centre initially. Currently I am using my existing Sony bs. Till now I am having a good experience with the L-R speakers but I need to have a complete set up of 5.1 in order to taste the full force of the avr. I got it for 27K. :)

I'm Using Yamaha V371 for the last 8 months & it ROCKS! I don't care for 4k Passthrough, USB input of Yamaha V373 because my HDTV (Sammy 40D550) has got 2 USB inputs + Optical Out. I have bought my v371 for Rs. 19,990/- From Reliance Digital via 0% EMI Option.

I have paired it with JBL SCS 140BK (also Bought from Reliance for Rs. 10,000 Cash) & trust me My neighbors are living Sleepless Nights :eek:hyeah:!

The Bass of JBL is So rich that my neighbors are banging my door when I play movies. & I don't give a Damn! :D

The volume in my AVR is in between -10.00dB to -15.00 dB when I watch movies. So think what will happen if I turn the volume in +level!:eek:hyeah:

I did the Demo of Onkyo, Pioneer & Denon in Reliance but Nothing sounds GOOD than YAMAHA with JBL.

Hi Friends,

hi
yamaha avr 373 is gud avr. but pairing it with the speakers u specified is just like watching a vcd in bluray player connected to led tv. my sugessition is go for gud speaker packages in polk audio ,jamo, yamaha speakers. thesse r the minimum pacakages u can get for ur avr 373.

another option is if want that un branded local 5.1 spks. then go for normal dvd player rather than avr. think that 5.1 package is powered.

dont degrade avr 373.

regards
koresh

hi
yamaha avr 373 is gud avr. but pairing it with the speakers u specified is just like watching a vcd in bluray player connected to led tv. my sugessition is go for gud speaker packages in polk audio ,jamo, yamaha speakers. thesse r the minimum pacakages u can get for ur avr 373.

another option is if want that un branded local 5.1 spks. then go for normal dvd player rather than avr. think that 5.1 package is powered.

dont degrade avr 373.

regards
koresh

I'm already having sony bdp490 then y should i go for a new dvd player.Moreover 1 lac i had spent for tv and bdp.now avr is 27k and another 30k for branded speakers means it is beyond budget.I'm ok with my tv audio it is gud than other sony and samsung models,but lacking 5.1 exp when watching movies.if AVR is so gud means it should handle all speaker types.Im not an audiophile.But i want to do some justice for my highend tv display,that's wat looking for avrs and speakers set.Somebody telling Jamo and yamaha speakers are not worth of hearing.i'm not running for any brandnames gud quality with cost effective is ok for me.if any suggest me. or otherwise i cutdown avr route and go for normal 5.1 speakers .

I have purchased Yamaha 375 + Wharefedale MS 100 HCP.

Total is 63K including speaker cable and sub cable from Hifimart.

I am totally in love with these setup.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back