Yamaha Stereo receiver tripping

vj_box

Hey guys, I recently got hold of a old yamaha stereo receiver with beautiful sound signature. The unit began to trip or switch off instantly as it is turned on and goes into stand mode where you still see the light indicator. I got the unit serviced from the local yamaha service center and the guy blamed some dry solders which fixed the issue for a while. But the issue has resurfaced again and the unit is tripping whenever I turn it on.

What could be the issue? Do I take it back to the service center again and have the guy fix it properly?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I recently got hold of a old yamaha stereo receiver with beautiful sound signature. The unit began to trip or switch off instantly as it is turned on and goes into stand mode where you still see the light indicator. I got the unit serviced from the local yamaha service center and the guy blamed some dry solders which fixed the issue for a while. But the issue has resurfaced again and the unit is tripping whenever I turn it on.

What could be the issue? Do I take it back to the service center again and have the guy fix it properly?

Thanks!

Does this happen with speakers connected? Did you try to change sources? Does it switch off immediately for after a couple of minutes?

Its a Power issue(Transformer).I had same situation with a Yamaha AV and in Chennai they charged me 2.5K for complete Transformer replacement.

How much did they charge for the service?

What model old yamaha amp ?
The 40 series has had issues 640, 840, 1040 etc were issue prone but their issue was the main power amp chip which was not available.

I have a R2000 with a similar issue, but it has discrete chips for pre driver etc etc.
Cool.
Srinath.

Y not u arrange for good quality solder and Do it your self.. it'll save your costs if dry joints is the only issue... just get a pointed tip iron and 0.5mm solder wire - rosin core one.. 50 grams..

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back