Yamaha YHT-2910

tushars

Hi,

I have just brought YHT-2910, it sounds awesome.

I have configured Receiver as hub, Receiver Out connected to Samsung Smart TV UA50F6800 HDMI1. Receiver HDMI 1 connected to set top box HDMI out.
I have also connected my TV optical out to Receiver Optical In with Toslink optical cable.

I am facing some wired problem:

When I start my all systems, all work fine my TV shows me Set top box output with surround sound. If I switch to Tuner or AV1 (optical in with TV usb audio) work perfectly.

But when I try to switch back to HDMI1 in Receiver (after 10 mint), TV don't show anything, on Receiver Display HDMI Out (Red) start continuously blinking.

After lot of permutation I realized that if I turn of my set top box and turned it on it start working.

Can someone help me out, what could be the reason and permanent solution for this?

Thanks
Tushar S

I feel the problem (but not sure) is due to the HDMI control of the various HDMI devices trying to control the other systems. I too faced a problem with the audio from BDP, when the AVR switched on automatically when BDP is switched on. Now I have disabled the HDMI control feature on all devices and use the remote individually switch them on.

thanks Raju for reply.

JFYI, I have not enabled any CEC or ARC or anynet+ for any device. I think you got confuse by my word "When I start my all systems", mean to say that I have switch on all devices (TV, Receiver & Set Top Box) manually.

On first go on receiver HDMI1 In TV works but if I switch to AV1 (optical in for my TV USB contain)or FM Tuner and back to HDMI1, it doesn't work... I have to restart my Set top box to work it again.

Hope this clears.

which place?
in raipur when asked in reliance degital it was 46999/-:mad:
Snapdeal - I bought it off a listed authorised deal via the site. They had promotions running. Now it is for about 41K. BTW they also have yht-299 in stock for 37k

[if they deliver, all over india? What about guarantee and installation? Is it worth to spend extra money on yht2910? I m looking for your kind advice. I am also going for yahamaha htib
Thanks
QUOTE=clips;622917]Snapdeal - I bought it off a listed authorised deal via the site. They had promotions running. Now it is for about 41K. BTW they also have yht-299 in stock for 37k[/QUOTE]

Hi,
As I stated, I bought from a verified seller and I checked Yamaha's site- he is a listed dealer. As for installation - you may call up Yamaha to check, but honestly, there is hardly any technicality in the installation. You will have to fine tune the music settings yourself, which you would in any case do even after the basic setup (which to my mind is simple unpacking) by the dealer.

I deliberately went in for YHT-2910 because being a newer model, support/updates would continue for longer.

I did not sample 299. The price difference over the total period of the useful life of the two products is so minimal that I did not really worry.

now I am confused
really I want to go with y299
but now leaning towards yht2910
plz help?
I did not sample 299. The price difference over the total period of the useful life of the two products is so minimal that I did not really worry.

now I am confused
really I want to go with y299
but now leaning towards yht2910
plz help?

Ok it is for Rs 39999 on snapdeal. There isn't much of a difference so pick up whatever you feel like. But hurry not sure Howe long the promo prices will last

How's the sound quality of YHT2910? Care to post pros and cons?

I have spent very limited time with the unit so my review at best is limited. The sound quality is pretty good - it almost comes to life. The setup menu at first seems intimidating but then you start realising that it is actually pretty straight forward. the front and surropund speakers are small but pack enough power along with the subwoofer to rattle the glass panes of my house.

I am currently having a bit of difficulty in 3D pass through, hopefully I will have this resolved as I get to spend more time with the HTS. Additionally, I hae been unsuccessful in getting 5.1 sound from some sources.

ARC works most of the times, but then again misbehaves at times and am unable to control the HTS's volume through my television.
For 40 K I am very happy with my purchase. I have additionally invested in a Chromecast to be be able to give my HTS wifi capability, though Chromecast can actually do a lot more than what I have purchased it for

Guys I have a question - can anyone recommend a Bluetooth attachment for YHT-299/2910 that plugs into the USB or 3.5 mm AUX port? I am not looking for expensive stuff. Any guidance please?

Many thanks!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back