Yamaha YHT 299 Problem (Power does not turn on)

How to reset Yamaha HTR 2067?

More or less the same steps....

HTR-4065 Factory Reset
  1. Set the unit to Standby Mode using the Power button. (Upper left corner.)
  2. While holding down Straight button, hit the Power button. ...
  3. Use the Program Selector buttons to navigate to INIT CANCEL and press the Straight button to select ALL.
  4. When the proper selection is made, turn off the unit using the Power button.

You can google or check some Youtube videos on the same to get an idea how to do it

Dear friends,

Just a few hour back my YAMAHA YHT 299 switched off automatically, while we were watching movie. It's AVR did not switch on thereafter either by remote or by push button on AVR. I checked all the things and established that there is something wrong in the AVR.

On referring troubleshooting section of its manual (Page 68) it says that -

Problem: Power does not turn on.
Cause: The Protection Circuitry has been activated three times consecutively.
Remedy:As a safety precaution,the capability to turn on the power is disabled.Contact your nearest Yamaha dealer or service center.

This made me worried a lot but after googling a lot I found following solution on the internet, which I am sharing here -

Plug the power cord out. Plug it back in.
Press the following three buttons at the same time for 5 seconds:
Power key (1) + Info Key (4) + Tone Control key (12) (The numbers in bracket are as per front panel picture given in manual at page 7)
And Voila, The receiver switched on. (I did this after disconnecting all the speaker, HDMI and all other cables)

Now I would like if any expert can tell us what causes the Protection Circuitry to activate and what precautions must be taken to avoid this.
Thanks for this. Mine is 5 yrs old and it has become a part of my daily routine. Suddenly today it went off when there was a power cut. Completely upset, I was searching for authorised service center address and its bit far from my place. Then I was googling for some troubleshooting steps and found this. I did the same steps mentioned here and in a jiffy it came back alive. Thanks a ton for posting this.

That's a very interesting feature - built-in like a software easter egg. A Belkin power strip is strongly recommended. The Sollatek stabiliser is no longer available online.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back