Yamaha YHT1840 speaker upgrade options for HT Room Setup

Sorry to say, but, we live in India and Indian price matters, at least to a few many people who cannot afford to fly to US for purchasing a pair of subs.

I was talking about a 10-inch subwoofer at the price range of 27k, and I have no idea how a 12 inch BIC sub costing over 40 k and an svs 10 incher costing 65k came into the picture. You sure Yamaha SW 300 hits 20hz at +/- 3db like the mentioned bic or svs subs?
U totally misunderstood my point and made a irrelevant comment lol

U totally misunderstood my point and made a irrelevant comment lol
And no body is asking anybody to go to us. Yamaha sw300 is 500usd nd svs pb100 is 500usd nd bic is 300usd. That is the actual cost of the of the sub. My point is ur pointless wen u stated that at this price point and 10 inch can’t go low as 20hz when Yamaha sw300 is actually in svs pb1000 bracket nd costs more then the bic

This is where my doubt is,, that is if I go for a FS speakers like tag 506 or 606se will they perform better than my htib speakers considering that it's an entry level AVR, I can stretch a little that is 60k for sub+606se but is it worth without upgrading AVR, don't have a budget for AVR now. Or should I stick to only default speaker + tsw200 ?

I would not advice on going for floor standers. Keep your current receiver. Have you considered the below Polk 5.1 speaker system? You can try auditioning it at a Pro FX center. This should go well with your current receiver without straining it or your budget, at the same time giving you a noticeable performance boost compared to current speakers.

Polk TL1600

Can someone confirm if a pair of good floor standers can output the bass equivalent to a decent 10 inch sub?

Not at all. No speaker can do what a Sub of any size can. A sub does a lot more than just producing low end, it makes the life of the receiver as well as other speakers easy, by taking away the most demanding of tasks. For movies you absolutely need a sub. Music, maybe not depending on taste and preference.

MaSh

Last edited:
And no body is asking anybody to go to us. Yamaha sw300 is 500usd nd svs pb100 is 500usd nd bic is 300usd. That is the actual cost of the of the sub. My point is ur pointless wen u stated that at this price point and 10 inch can’t go low as 20hz when Yamaha sw300 is actually in svs pb1000 bracket nd costs more then the bic
Sorry, I misinterpreted the info you provided. Maybe Yamaha sw300 is much more worth the money. Still, I feel surprised that we actually get a sub that produces 20Hz in 'svs pb1000 bracket'.

Sorry, I misinterpreted the info you provided. Maybe Yamaha sw300 is much more worth the money. Still, I feel surprised that we actually get a sub that produces 20Hz in 'svs pb1000 bracket'.
No worries :) Even i was surprised and was so tempted to get it as it could have saved a 11k for me. But Bic was available for demo and the yamaha was not available anywhere in Chennai and Blore. It is really disappointing that none of the dealers are ready to invest such a less amount on a subwoofer for demo. This will really help the indian market as lot of us look for a subwoofer in that price bracket. One FM recently purchased it and is completely satisfied. I also checked with one dealer in chennai who has sold two who received good feed back from the customers for the sub.

I just checked the user manual and found this graph. Will an eq to boost ~20Hz gives more oomph to the bottom end? But, the servo technology makes sure the bass is tight and accurate. Wish, Yamaha brings a 12 inches with the same technology in India.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 7.42.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 7.42.21 PM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 15
The graph just describes the roll off frequency of speakers of 4 or 5 inch at 70hz breaking point is when the subwoofer starts to roll in to produce a nice blending sound (right side diagram). This is a very good sub at this price point and what lies in the rest to get the optimal out of it is placement and crossover settings (in AVR)

Ok last query,
Need to decide between these two options

Polk T50 + T30 center + T15 as surround + polk HTS10 sub

OR

Taga 606se + polk HTS 10 sub

Room size 20X10 feet, usage movies only, please suggest.

Ok last query,
Need to decide between these two options

Polk T50 + T30 center + T15 as surround + polk HTS10 sub

OR

Taga 606se + polk HTS 10 sub

Room size 20X10 feet, usage movies only, please suggest.
What is you budget for sub? I used polk psw 125 for nearly a year and sold it because it is one of the worst subwoofer. I thought of moving to the HTS 10,12 dsw pro and audition the scenes where the psw 125 struggled and all 3 subs had the same issue. Polk hts 10 comes around 30 k i guess. Recenty a forum member purchased yamaha sw300 costs 32k mrp and sold at 27 k and gave good reviews. On paper its best for the price rated at 250 rms and goes all the way to 20 HZ. Only down side is no demo will be available. You can also check the Taga suwoofers. Polk T series are basic speakers and i think for you the best option will be Taga 606 along with taga sub or the yamaha sub. If you can stretch ur budget Bic pl 200-ii which is the best sub under 50 k

What is you budget for sub? I used polk psw 125 for nearly a year and sold it because it is one of the worst subwoofer. I thought of moving to the HTS 10,12 dsw pro and audition the scenes where the psw 125 struggled and all 3 subs had the same issue. Polk hts 10 comes around 30 k i guess. Recenty a forum member purchased yamaha sw300 costs 32k mrp and sold at 27 k and gave good reviews. On paper its best for the price rated at 250 rms and goes all the way to 20 HZ. Only down side is no demo will be available. You can also check the Taga suwoofers. Polk T series are basic speakers and i think for you the best option will be Taga 606 along with taga sub or the yamaha sub. If you can stretch ur budget Bic pl 200-ii which is the best sub under 50 k
My budget for sub is Max 40k.
Since the usage was for movies only, I thought entry level polk will be ok, not?.

Polk service center is also there in Kerala.
If not HTS10 What about HTS12?

My budget for sub is Max 40k.
Since the usage was for movies only, I thought entry level polk will be ok, not?.

Polk service center is also there in Kerala.
If not HTS10 What about HTS12?
Go for bic pl 200-ii you can get it for 39-40 k. But if you are concerned about demo and service, polk having a service center in kerala is indeed convenient. But for sure the bic pl 200-ii will be better then both the polks. In my opinion the only two subs i consider under 50 k is the Bic pl 200-ii and the yamaha sw 300. I wanted to get the yamaha sw 300 only but none of the dealers had demo available. I had around 15-20 scenes which i wanted to audition before getting the next sub-woofer and since audiholics chennai offered a demo of the Bic i went for it after a hour of demo. A sub alone can spoil the entire movie or music experience no matter how much of a good set up you have so you need to get a sub as per your ears liking. A lot of the subs under 50 k produce distorted bass and perform poorly in rumbling effects. This is my opinion based on my experience

Ok if I go for Bic 200ii will it match polk fusion 5.0 series? Will the sub overshadow?
10inch vs 12inch sub for polk speakers??

It seems to be sold out / out of stock almost everywhere....please contact Mr Anil (Hifimart) who can possibly try to source it quicker for you.

Gypsum board painted with 6142+moonlit silver paint combination that you suggested,thanks :)
Installed LED strip light behind screen

Attachments

• IMG-20190314-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190314-WA0005.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20190314-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190314-WA0006.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 23
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back