YHT 299 ..7.1 DTS-HD file offers only 2.1 output in straight mode

Blu-ray player is the culprit. I have htr 3067, basically same as yht 299 and it displays DTS HD and dolby true HD when appropriate file is playing. I play in PC which bitstreams to AVR, then AVR decodes it.

Vontar k3 , amlogic s905 ..player KODI

Try reinstalling the Kodi app and check if you have any issues..

Can you guys suggest me a budget Bluray player with DTS HD MA support from USB and Netflix and Amazon prime

If you would stream movies & play BR Rips mostly, you are better off with Android Tv box..

Also try installing terraritum TV application on your android tv box.. (apk file). Loads of movies to watch for free..

Try reinstalling the Kodi app and check if you have any issues..

If you would stream movies & play BR Rips mostly, you are better off with Android Tv box..

Also try installing terraritum TV application on your android tv box.. (apk file). Loads of movies to watch for free..
tried reinstalling .. even did the whole factory reset .. no use

Actually I did manage to make Kodi partially ok .. I changed from 5.1 channels into 2.0 channel at the audio setup with passthrough .. Now the KODI doesn't stuck anymore and plays files upto DTS and Dolby Digital in 5.1 channels properly ..
But still no luck with DTS HD MA or True HD .. They play as simply DTS/DD or atleast that's what's shown on AVR display . The Bluray player works fine on inserting discs and AVR display shows HTD HD MSTR or TrueHD..

What could be wrong here ?
Are you guys getting lossless dts hd or truehd formats from Kodi ?
I am on a vontar k3 Android TV box running Android lollipop 5.1.1

I changed from 5.1 channels into 2.0 channel at the audio setup with passthrough .. Now the KODI doesn't stuck anymore and plays files upto DTS and Dolby Digital in 5.1 channels properly ..
But still no luck with DTS HD MA or True HD .. They play as simply DTS/DD or atleast that's what's shown on AVR display .

Were you also able to enable HD codec capable AVR under the same settings?..

Settings-System-Audio2.jpg

In a similar fashion as the above image, there must be settings to enable HD audio passthrough options.. You need to enable them..

What could be wrong here ?
Are you guys getting lossless dts hd or truehd formats from Kodi ?
I am on a vontar k3 Android TV box running Android lollipop 5.1.1

I have Z69 Android TV box.. It passes Dts X and Dolby Atmos without a glitch..

What is your AVR model ?..

Here is one more link to check if you have enabled all the features right - https://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_quickstart_guide

Kindly refer to the last column for AVR with HDMI settings..

Last edited:
Yamaha AVR 3066
I have no option to enable DTS-HD capable receiver or True HD capable receiver ..Instead It shows only an option for DTS capable receiver .. Even that is possible only in Downgraded Kodi 16.1 .. when I update to Kodi 17.6 there is no option for DTS capable receiver also , then I get 2 channel PCM as output .. So I Downgraded to 16.1 so that atleast DTS support is there ..

And I am not able to alter the passthrough output device , it's greyed out with androidaudiotrack

Yamaha AVR 3066
I have no option to enable DTS-HD capable receiver or True HD capable receiver ..Instead It shows only an option for DTS capable receiver .. Even that is possible only in Downgraded Kodi 16.1 .. when I update to Kodi 17.6 there is no option for DTS capable receiver also , then I get 2 channel PCM as output .. So I Downgraded to 16.1 so that atleast DTS support is there ..

And I am not able to alter the passthrough output device , it's greyed out with androidaudiotrack

Ok.. Try disabling"DTS capable receiver".. In the note below (provided screenshot) ,it says that if you enable" DTS capable receiver" then HD audio will not pass through.. Restart the android device and try playing the movie file & check ..

Am not very sure, but think it is a limitation of your Android TV box..

I hope, when you enable DTS capable receiver in android TV box, your AVR shows DTS only & not DTS + neo 6..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back