your comments on Norge+Mission 33i combo please

wnrao

Dear friends,
i am planning to set up a reasonably good sounding 2Ch stereo and looking for source+amp+speakers.
SQ: the set up should sound better than mass market music systems around.
Price: i want to make it as much affordable as possible and tried to bring down the price to the possible extent.

This forum was helpful to a great extent by chipping in their valuable advice whenever required.
i have narrowed down to Norge 1000 AMP (9K) + Mission M33i (13K. only FS for me) , i may later add OPPO 980(10K) as source. Total cost is 32K excluding cables cost.
If required i may go for a sub (10K) later on. That makes it around 45K with sub and cables.
How does the above combo look like. How mission goes with norge. My music taste is primarily Rock ( hard n soft) n country. Other family members, pop n Indian/Bollywood music. Will the set up cover low,mids n highs reasonably well, or any weakness is there.
Is this a well optimised set up in terms of SQ and price. Am i getting all the bang for my bucks.Any scope is there for further optimisation.
Auditioned Norge with Wharfedale 9.5 and found it OK. Instead of wharfedale 9.5 (28K) i felt i can go with M33i + SUB (this way i felt the audio spectrum can be covered better). i am yet to audition mission.
Pl provide your valuable opinions on my above set up.
regards

Last edited:
I am using M33i for the last two years. I enjoy listening to the Music with the help of a Technics amplifier and Marantz CD player. The combination overall give a satisfactory tonal balance espesially for Contemporary and Traditional Jazz that I tune.The bass is also found tight and reasonable.
The speaker (M33i)is producing clean sound though tilted towards brighter side; but I think Norge1000 can help to neutralise it. I have heard Norge 1000 with Norge speakers sometimes back. I found the sound was enjoyable. .

If you prefer to hear rock,jazz and their variations like Jaz-Rok fusion
and more oriented towards musicality rather than 'technicality' I would advise you to go for a demo. That would be suffiecent for you for a long time to come.

Best regards,

vjc

I am using M33i for the last two years. I enjoy listening to the Music with the help of a Technics amplifier and Marantz CD player. The combination overall give a satisfactory tonal balance espesially for Contemporary and Traditional Jazz that I tune.The bass is also found tight and reasonable.
The speaker (M33i)is producing clean sound though tilted towards brighter side; but I think Norge1000 can help to neutralise it. I have heard Norge 1000 with Norge speakers sometimes back. I found the sound was enjoyable. .

If you prefer to hear rock,jazz and their variations like Jaz-Rok fusion
and more oriented towards musicality rather than 'technicality' I would advise you to go for a demo. That would be suffiecent for you for a long time to come.

Best regards,

vjc

Thanks for the info. Norge1000 ((K) + Mission M33i (13K) = 22K. there is nothing available in this price range. I listen to rock(Hard n soft), country, pop n bollywood music.With time i am sure i will be moving more n more towards softer music. i understand as i am not spending much i should also limit my expectation from above combo. audition is a big problem for me as i am from hydbad. even if i visit mumbai i dont know, how can i audition norge and mission together, as they are at diff places. sometimes i think, should i take a chance and go for above combo without audition.
regards

Thanks for the info. Norge1000 ((K) + Mission M33i (13K) = 22K. there is nothing available in this price range. I listen to rock(Hard n soft), country, pop n bollywood music.With time i am sure i will be moving more n more towards softer music. i understand as i am not spending much i should also limit my expectation from above combo. audition is a big problem for me as i am from hydbad. even if i visit mumbai i dont know, how can i audition norge and mission together, as they are at diff places. sometimes i think, should i take a chance and go for above combo without audition.
regards
Where did you get quote of 13k for m33i?
Has anybody here paired the mission m33i with onkyo avr? Any comments?
thanks in advance.

Where did you get quote of 13k for m33i?
Has anybody here paired the mission m33i with onkyo avr? Any comments?
thanks in advance.

i am using the m35 with onkyo 606 for the last 2 weeks because the dealer in pune who has the norge is busy and can hardly give me time (well everyone is in HT business and hotels etc are important clients).

My 2 cents of this combination:

Although the onkyo 606 is supposed to be bright and somepeople in theforum mentioned the missions (33 in general) to be bright - the m35 is a different ball game altogether. They appear totally laid back and with the missions appear totally neutral with great midrange, tonal control and bass (not audiophile quality but good). The problem is (maybe thats a blessing here) - the onkyo seems underpowered (90w at 6ohm) seems to be minuscule in comparision to the 150 w 8 ohm speakers.

Lets see how the Norge of NAD 325BEE fares with the mission - will test the norge this week and the NAD next.

Lets see how the Norge of NAD 325BEE fares with the mission - will test the norge this week and the NAD next.

I have the same doubt. Can NAD C325BEE or C315BEE handle floor standers? From the specs, the Norge concerto 1000 seems well equiped and I have personally auditioned them with floor standers.

I have the same doubt. Can NAD C325BEE or C315BEE handle floor standers? From the specs, the Norge concerto 1000 seems well equiped and I have personally auditioned them with floor standers.

the norge does handle the wharfdale 9.5 pretty well. I will audition it again this weekend. The NAD 325BEE was paired with PSB bookshelves when i heard them - i asked for a home audition with my missions - lets see when it happens.

There is a Norge mofset 2000 amp too - lets see if i can get hold of that.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back