Youtube Issue with RPi2

druk2004

Hi RPi2 users ...

Facing some issue with Youtube App ... getting error "Max no. of searches exceeded" when I try to search for some video and play it.

Has anyone else faced similar issue ? How did you resolve it ?

Tks
Druk

uninstall and reinstall youtube, that may resolve it. It seems by googling that this is a API limit exceed error message. Does it happens everytime or only after some usage?

uninstall and reinstall youtube, that may resolve it. It seems by googling that this is a API limit exceed error message. Does it happens everytime or only after some usage?

re-install is not solving the issue .... I am surprised why others are not facing this issue ? I have the latest v of Openelec ...

re-install is not solving the issue .... I am surprised why others are not facing this issue ? I have the latest v of Openelec ...

Does it happen every-time even on first use or starts happening only after 8-10 searches? I can suggest 2 workarounds as below if you setup the network of kodi to always have same ip for convenience (resolution by name on home network may not always work the same way) and you enable web server on kodi settings

If you have a android cell phone / tab on same wifi install Yatse (paid version) which will allow you to search on cell and use the share option to play the video on the Kodi (cell phone used for search only and kodi plays video independently from its internet connection).

If you have a laptop / desktop on same wifi with chrome browser install chrome add-on "Play-To Kodi" on chrome and set Kodi IP address, Username, password, port in the add-on. Open youtube and right click any video link and select play to kodi and the video will start playing on kodi and you can even control kodi from the browser.

The issue I face with Youtube on my Pi is that I need to register the device every time. prompts me to enter a code on some youtube url everytime which I can do from another mobile or computer. Once done youtube works. However, the next time I start Pi, I have to repeat the process.

MaSh

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back